01

|

  |

  |

╰┈➤𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑳𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑬 𝑴𝑨𝑵, no older than thirty, brought his thumb to his chin, grazing it gently as he scanned through the results in front of him. The ample neon blue light from nearby holograms with multiple faces of unkempt children lit up the dark room, just enough for his eyes to read the small writing on the paper. He narrowed his emerald eyes when they peered over a particular subject. 

"Testing for S-102," He started, "It's been unsuccessful? He seemed the most likely out of all the subjects." His voice had a tinge of disappointment as he hardened his gaze at the papers.

The main doctor behind him stepped closer, his long white coat subtly flowing as he did. "But what'll surprise you even more—" He came to stand right next to the young man, who turned his head at him. The doctor pointed down at the paper the blonde was holding. "—Is K-109's results."

Otto's emerald eyes widened slightly in surprise and a raised a brow. "Fifty-eight percent Honkai?" He read the line the doctor emphasized. Otto looked up again at the doctor. His eyes sharpened as he glared at him, and he tilted his head upwards at him, defining his jaw as he looked down at him through the eyes. "You didn't make a mistake, did you?" He questioned in a seaming voice.

The doctor froze before regaining his composure. "No-no I triple checked." He stuttered out, "That's her real percentage." He scrambled over to the other side of the built-in desk and grabbed the papers off the cold metal, running back to wave them in Otto's face. "See? The results are all the same."

Otto's jaw tightened and he narrowed his eyes at the paper. They did indeed have the same results. He scoffed and let it go, before smirking the slightest and then grazing his chin with his thumb again. "That seems almost unreal." He said.

The doctor made quick work to reply. "Exactly my thoughts, but it seems her blood didn't deny the Honkai injections as much as the others."

Otto hummed. "How many more injections do we have?" He asked.

"Twenty more, as of right now." The doctor replied swiftly, "I'll send someone over to duplicate the Honkai energy from the meteorite, extract it, and we'll have another year's worth." He answered proudly, nodding to himself.

Otto reciprocated the gesture, his long blonde locks swiftly moving up and down. "Good. Very good."

"The doctor gulped. "Well—I just wanted you to inform me of how you plan on proceeding with her transformation. You do know Honkai feeds off of anger..?"

Otto scoffed. "Yes."

"When K-109 reaches one hundred percent, then she'll become a herrscher. But in order for the honkai to actually turn K-109 into a herrscher," The doctor continued. He had set down the papers on the long desk beside them, and started fiddling with his fingers nervously. "She'll need to feel immense amount of anger directed at humans, since she's ascending from humanity. Hell, she'll have to hate humanity as a whole." He furrowed his brows. "Just how do you plan on making that happen?"