───Part 15.

You were continually astonished by Rhys's beauty and couldn't, wouldn't, stop engraving every detail of it into your mind.

Legs tangled in one another, one of your arms folded over his bare chest with your chin propped on it, tilted towards him with heart-shaped pupils that nearly bled into the sclera, you drew lines with the other on his collarbone, leaving behind budding Jessamine flowers. Sunshine danced across his face, highlighting its empyrean features, dragging the outer corner of your honey coated lips up, and if he looked closely at you, he swore there was a halo floating above your head enunciating the long strands of your hair that spilled over his body like silk. You found yourself thanking the heavens that you were the only one that got to see him like this, unaware that he did the same.

No one else was worthy of your presence, he thought, tightening the hold he had on you, assiduously avoiding the tender and colored areas, and encapsulated your free hand with his own, bringing it upwards so he could press soft kisses against your fingertips.

How you, a museum filled to the brim with only the finest and rarest pieces of art hidden inside a cartilage, had managed to go unnoticed for so long he could not understand, but it made holding your heart hostage all the more gratifying.

You giggled as he laced your knuckles with red string, passing your metacarpals as you spoke and carefully tracing your wrist before stopping, the idyllic silence the two of you had been basking in during the early morning hours coming to an end.

"Shouldn't we get ready for the funeral soon?"

Rhys inhaled deeply, closing his eyes and leaning into your palm, your nails gently tracing his temple. Neither of you wanted to leave yet, too comfortable in his bed, bathing in each other's warmth, but you were right - it was getting late. Exhaling, he dragged your wrist above his head, capturing your lips as you followed the motion and leaned further into him, ignoring the searing pain from your bruised body.

You swore you would never tire of the euphoria his kisses injected into your veins, and he never of the way yours filled the lacuna in his soul.

"We've got some time," He broke away from you, glancing at the clock to make sure he still had the time right, his nose brushing against your own as you remained close. "But yes, I suppose we should."

Pressing one last kiss against him, you slowly pulled out of his grip, sitting up as he supported himself on his elbows to study your frame.

You'd asked him if he wanted to stay over last night, and with his security being 'compromised', he had to decline, but counter-offered for you to come with him instead. Gladly, you accepted, taking with you a few essentials and the outfit you were planning to wear to the event, but instead of wearing the full pajama set you had taken with you, you ended up sleeping in the shorts and one of his shirts - he loved seeing you like this.

Maybe because it was physical evidence that you were now marked by him, that you'd yielded to his attempts and he successfully interlaced your skin with his own, or maybe because when you stretched your arms the sun hit the fabric of his white shirt just right and allowed him to feast on your statuesque beauty that surely rivaled Aphrodite's.