Difficult things to say.

In the morning, it wasn't the soft light pouring in that roused her but somepony gently rocking her. Viridian opened her drowsy eyes to Zipp's pleasant smile. Her white head leaned over the edge of the couch, close to hers.

"It's time to go, V. I almost didn't want to wake you up." Zipp's voice was soft, almost a whisper. It took a few minutes for Viridian to fully wake up, and then, with new energy, she flapped out of the bed. There was no time for rest today, so she joined Zipp in stretching each leg and wing out well. 'She must want answers as much as I do.' Just as they reached the kitchen, down the walkway came the other two, still looking bedridden on their hooves. A small pang of guilt trickled through Viridian as Pipp dramatically yawned.

The group exchanged their good mornings while fueling up on a hearty breakfast: banana nut and crumble muffins, a mixed platter of cubed fruit and berries, and Sunny's specialty- personalized smoothies. She had guaranteed each pony's favorites, and received satisfied hums from all around.

"Hitch is going to meet us at our starting point, after he closes up the sheriff station." Pipp announced, tapping a hoof to her 'phone screen'. Even though she told Viridian all about how phones worked, it still wasn't clear enough. 'Doesn't anypony use scrolls anymore? Or mail?'

Last minute preparations were made, then the ponies set off toward the wooded edge of Maretime Bay. While passing through the garden, Viridian noticed that Sunny picked berries and stored them in her saddlebag. Up ahead on the dirt road, they saw Hitch standing at the treeline, waving to them. His bold face matched theirs.

"Good morning everypony, today is a big day for some of us. Let's start this adventure off by addressing some rules." The stallion marched back and forth like a drill sergeant. "Rule number one: everypony stays together, so no wandering off through the woods. Number two-"

"Hitch, we've all been through the woods before, we know what to do. Besides, there isn't anything dangerous in there." Sunny stepped up beside him, giving him a nudge. "We will make sure to keep our hooves and tails in line, let's just try to have fun." She giggled, and seemed to lighten the mood for the others. Though Hitch argued, he caved when Pipp offered her encouragement. The party was complete now, and everypony's eyes were set on Viridian.

It was her moment, walking up to the treeline then staring into the wilderness. At first she hesitated, and a shiver ran through her. This was where she had arrived, where she had been found, and somewhere within the woods was her destination. 'Just take a step,' Viridian summoned her courage. The first one was exhilarating, then her friends appeared beside her. They enforced the determination to keep moving forward.

It was serene in the forest, surrounded by so many spread out trees and brushes that littered the ground. The path was easy to follow near the beginning, lazily curving here and there. So long as they kept the Prisbeam behind them, the group kept their direction relatively straight. Berry bushes, like the ones in the garden, and hungry critters could be seen nearly every minute. Some of them scurried up to Hitch's hooves for a sniff before darting away, to which he grumbled and the mares giggled.

An hour passed, and the trees closed in proximity little by little while the bushes made the path a bit more difficult to navigate. The ponies could hardly walk all side-by-side, instead walking in pairs instead. Now, Viridian took the lead, clinging to the hopes that she was going in the right direction- or at least, in the direction of her destination. Every now and then, she glanced behind to spot the Prisbeam, barely reaching above the treetops, until it was no longer easily visible. The sun was mostly blocked, casting shade on the ponies just as the heat of noon was around the corner.

Before her hopes faded into panic, Viridian noticed a small break in the thicket where they'd be able to stop. Coming closer, it appeared to be a passage that entered a clearing, looking surreal with sunlight filtered through the branches. At the top of the tiny hill, there was a structure made of old, worn stone. There, at the top, was a weathered stone platform. The one that she had only ever seen from above. She stood at the edge of the treeline, gazing in awe. 'It is real.' Chilly wind blew from behind, as if it tried pushing her forward.