Warm spring afternoon ||BASIL'S POV||

The group was already at the hangout spot, except for Hero and Kel. They were late today, for an unknown reason.

"UGHHHH, Why is Kel always so late? Now I'll have to wait for someone to play with." Aubrey groaned. 

"It's fine, Aubrey. Not everybody can make it on time, I'm sure he'll be here soon." I said, in a calm voice.

"Why can't he be here NOW, though?" Aubrey continued.

"There he is now, Aubrey." Mari had said

Kel and Hero were walking and making their way towards us, me and Aubrey both stood up. Out of nowhere, Kel ran up to me and hugged me very tightly. I expected him to ruffle Aubrey's hair, or go to Sunny and start asking him questions, even though Sunny never really answers them. I was very surprised. Okay, so.. I've never actually told anyone this, but I have a crush on Kel. I know it may seem weird, but I can't control who my heart goes with. When Kel released the hug, he was blushing. Probably because he was embarrassed, most people are embarrassed to be near me nowadays. I guess I'm just awkward to hang out with, which I wish wasn't the case. After that, he ran over to Aubrey and started talking to her.

"Oh, you're not even gonna greet me?" Aubrey said in a jokingly tone.

"Shut up, Aubrey!" Kel yelled back.

"Anyways, what should we do? I've been waiting for you, and now I don't even know what to do!" Aubrey asked, she rolled her eyes.

"What about tag?" Kel responded with.

"That could work, and YOU'RE it!" Aubrey had started to run around behind the lake, and did I mention Hero and Mari moved and sat next to each other on the dock? They're just there, they're so perfect for each other. Anyways, after a while of watching and Kel easily tagging Aubrey, Kel walked over to me. I was sitting on the picnic blanket and looking through our photo album. Kel was panting heavily.

"Hey Basil! Come *pant* over and play with *pant* us!" Kel said, he reached out his hand as I stood up, I felt my ears getting red. I took his hand in mine as he dragged me quickly to the other side that Aubrey was. 

"AH!" I yelped, I wasn't expecting Kel to pull me like that.

"Sorry! I'm just trying to get away from Aubrey" Kel had responded with, he whispered the last part so that Aubrey wouldn't hear. 

"Its fine, I just got scared.." I said, looking away. 

"Uh-oh! Here she comes, lets go!" Kel said quietly, as this time, instead of letting myself be pulled, I tried to pick up the pace and run. 

"Get over here! This isn't faaiiiirrrrr!!" Aubrey said, still trying to chase after us. 

Kel had eventually stopped running and took us both over to the picnic blanket, and sat down. I sat down next to him.

"I'm so tired, Aubrey." Kel had said, panting very heavily.

"Fine, we can play more later!" Aubrey said in an annoyed tone, but panting intensely. Sunny was barely even noticeable by now, as well. But, Aubrey was looking at him, she was probably going to walk over and sit next to him.

"Oh, are you gonna go hang out with your bo-" Kel was interrupted, Aubrey slapped her hand on his mouth, and glared at him

"NO! Don't." Aubrey yelled, Sunny looked up at Aubrey and had a confused look on his face. Aubrey's face was really red. 

"I'm not dating him.." Aubrey had said. 

"Lets just talk about something else." I interrupted, Aubrey seemed to be really upset about the situation. 

"uhm.?" Sunny calmly whispered. His face was red, too.

Mari and Hero turned around and faced us, the orange-pinkish sky started turning into a dark blue. lied down on the picnic blanket and took in some of the once warm, newly cold air. Hero and Mari stood up and started walking over towards us.

"Alright everyone, its getting kind of late. I think we should all go." Hero had said. 

Kel stood up, and so did everyone else. I stood up just after everyone else. Sunny walked over to Mari, Kel went to Hero. And me and Aubrey had started walking to the exit.

"BYYEEE BASIL!" Kel yelled after me, which scared me a bit.

I was really confused on why Kel was yelling after me and had hugged me, he's never done that before. But, I don't really mind. Its nothing that I mind, after all. I mean, I do like him.. But, today was pretty fun. I've never really played with them like that. hah!