Jonathan Joestar

Yandere Jonathan trying to convince his Darling that everyone else is trying to take them from him

"Don't you trust me?"

You felt a headache coming on, which tended to happen in situations like this. 

"Jonathan," you said in the sweetest voice you could muster, trying not to clench your teeth, "this isn't about trust.  Of course I trust you!  I know you, but I also know my best friend, and he wouldn't do this kind of thing."

Your boyfriend's face brightened up at the words 'I trust you', but immediately fell again as you finished your sentence, ending up in the territory of 'sad puppy'.  You suppressed a groan.  These conversations were always a pain, because his sweet face and earnest arguments always made you end up feeling like the bad guy somehow, even if all you were doing was trying to set boundaries.

You took a long drink from the water he'd given you, buying a few seconds to stave off the headache and avoid having to look at the dinner table littered with photographs, but eventually the glass was emptied and you had no choice but to sit down and deal with what was waiting for you there.  Jonathan immediately took the seat next to you, a solid and secure presence at your side.  He really wasn't a bad guy–the two of you had hit it off immediately over some common interests and a shared major in archaeology–and since the first dinner date had been nothing but attentive and thoughtful. It was a sad irony, you decided as he leaned just a little closer towards you, that the very thing you found so attractive about him was rapidly becoming his biggest problem.

Jonathan was...protective, as some–including you–might generously put it.  About a week ago, your friend put it a little less generously.

"I'm serious, dude.  I get what you see in him, but your boyfriend gives off a bit of a weird vibe.  You really don't think he's too clingy?" 

"That's not fair." you jutted your chin at him defiantly, getting more annoyed with his incredulous reaction, "Jonathan's just a thoughtful guy.  It's actually nice for a change, I'll have you know–he drove over two hours yesterday to pick up the book I needed for my article!  Brian would have just let me hang."

"Yeah, he drove an hour for a book yesterday.  The day before that, he delivered your groceries.  The day before that, he did a checkup on your car.  By himself.  The day before that, he sent you flowers because you looked at them in a florist's window for too long.  I'm telling you, it feels...off.  Like he's trying too hard."

You'd ended the conversation there, maybe in a bit of a huff–maybe from another guy it would have been too much, but there was something earnestabout Jonathan that made everything he did feel like it was from the heart.  Which, okay, might have been why you've let him get away with his overprotective behavior for so long.  Walking you home from dinner turned into walking you home every night, and you're pretty sure he'd walk you between classes if he didn't have his own schedule he was forced to attend.  In the beginning, you laughed off his concerns that there were some real creeps around your campus, and that you needed to be careful.