Chapter 2

*Time skip initiated*
Finally, I'm big enough to go outside!!!!!!!!! Still only the size of moms tail but still! About a week ago mom let us pick out names! I chose Riptide because I think it fits, my brother chose Seagull for some reason but to each their own I guess, and our sister chose Parrot since her favorite fish to eat is parrotfish. I also learned moms name is Sun like the sunfish I asked why and she just said its because she liked how they swam around seemingly without a care in the world. Anyway, back to exploring.
I jumped in the pool and dove under immediately in my excitement followed by my siblings while mom swam up front. "Stay on my back until we get to a safe reef" she conveyed (through her eyes). Over the months I noticed dragons your close with can understand what you want better then dragons who aren't can (from mom's teachings not experience), it's not that useful but it's a good thing to know.
The ocean was beautiful here. Bright green waters with coral reefs dotted all around and to many kinds of fish flickering about to count! After a few minutes of swimming, we reached our destination. "Don't swim out of my sight while you play" mom told us as we started exploring. "Riptide! Wanna hunt with me?!" Seagull squeaked while bobbing up and down in his excitement. "Sure, let's see who can get the best fish!" I challenged as I growled in fake hostility. Then it was off to the races! Parrot joined in to but she was only really after parrotfish to eat for herself. After about 30 minutes we met up again to inspect our hauls. Seagull got a better variety off fish than me but I caught 6 more fish than he did. "Ha! I win" I purred triumphantly. "No, you didn't I got more types of fish!" Seagull squawked at me. It would have become an argument if mom hadn't stepped in because I obviously won! "Did you decide a winning condition?" mom asked in a, amused purr. "...No.." we admitted bashfully. "Then you both won according to your standards, didn't you?" she questioned. "Yeah!" Seagull exclaimed perking up as I nodded. "Good, now why don't you explore the reef some more I'm sure you didn't explore much while you were hunting" she suggested while laying down on a rock. We took of in opposite directions to explore the reef for the rest of the day.
When we got home, we fell asleep in our dog pile of dragons almost immediately after we exhausted ourselves today.
When I came to, I was sitting on a pillar of stone? Looking out over what seemed to be a...funeral?

What is going on?

I warned you guys of short chapters.