Chapter 5

You're probably wondering how I got caught and stuffed into an underground cage right about now. Well, don't expect me to explain it to you! (insert cute angry dragon chibi)

*Note – I'm probably going to start switching between 1st person POV and 3rd person POV*

The reason for this is that I don't know how Hiccup thinks as a child or as a teen/adult

I also just randomly switched writing style

This was supposed to be a Hiccup POV but its turned into something else T-T

A young boy was dashing through the streets on the small Viking village towards the smithy. This is Hiccup, the Viking Chiefs son. He isn't all that strong, but he is incredibly smart. The Vikings don't see his value just yet though. The boy has an idea to get recognition from his father and the village.

You see, the village has a problem, dragons attack and raid the village each night. You might think Hiccup knows how to solve this problem, he doesn't, at least not yet anyway. The village has another problem, they need a sea dragon to train the young Vikings with. Now sea dragons are hard to catch since they, ya know, live in the sea. Fortunately, there's a Scorching SeaFury nearby. Only problem is that its to smart to get caught in the traps the Vikings set. Hiccup has the perfect Idea to trap the Scorching SeaFury.

He spent several days building and designing the trap based on the dragon's habits. Such as drinking the Vikings water to put out fires. You might be wondering 'What kind of trap?'. It's actually a really simple trap. Hiccup ran around the village tying large and thin nooses around all the water troughs the Scorching SeaFury drinks from.

Surprisingly it worked. The Scorching SeaFury wasn't paying enough attention to notice the nooses, until it was caught in one. It broke free almost immediately, but not before he was tackled by a very heavy Viking, pinning it to the ground. It took a lot of effort from 2 more Vikings before it was tied, chained, and muzzled. Then locked in one of the many underground cells.

Percy POV

If I had the chance to give a review the cell the Viking threw me, it would receive a wopping 1 star review. Its cramped, damp, loud, it stinks of who know what, and there is no light. Luckily, I have night vision but from the others body language most of them aren't so lucky.

I don't know how long I've been here exactly, but it's had to have been a few months if how often the door in opened and frequency I hear very loud Viking cheers. At least there giving me a decent amount of food, its nowhere near what I want to eat but its enough to keep at least some of my strength. Today seems a little different though, from the sounds of it they have a Viking training camp running right now. The amount of shrill screaming tells me that much.

*Time Skip*

Note – the time frame is when Hiccup is dominating the training after meeting Toothless

Nobody's POV

"TODAY IS THE DAY!" Stoick shouts, "WE GET OUR FIRST LOOK AT WHAT THE SCORCHING SEAFURY IS MADE OF!" We see Hiccup fidget nervously. A thousand ways to 'beat' Percy/Riptide are flashing through his head, but he's coming up empty. He has never met a sea dragon before; he doesn't know any tricks for this! The young Vikings are herded onto 3 boats spread out evenly on a flooded version of the training arena their used to.

The tension among the Vikings grows in either excitement or fear maybe even a mix of both.

"YEAH! BRING ON THE SEAFURY! ITS NO MATCH FOR ME!" Snotlout yells out his confidence. With encouraging cheers and declarations of their own coming from the twins.

Which seems to only grow once they see the Scorching SeaFury.

"HA! HOW IS SUCH A SMALL DRAGON GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE! THE ONLY THINGS ITS GOT ON US ARE ITS FLIPPERS!" came Snotlouts jeer with various ya's and yeses from the twins.

While Hiccup is Thrown for a loop wondering why the Scorching SeaFury looks so much like Toothless...

*Notes

- updates will be irregular

- I started a second work so I have other things to write too

- I probably won't wright much over the summer