Chapter 3

There was a large group of kids? surrounding a sea green shroud. Why do I feel like I know some of them? After staring at them for a few minutes it came back to me, these were my friends, my family, and this funeral... is for me...
I watched the procession picking out the people I know. Er, knew. I can barely remember their names. I get the feeling that that isn't normal. You can't just forget all your friends in 4 months! can You? I can tell they all miss me from the way their all crying. I wish I could remember them better, but it feels like I hit a drift that redirects me to other memories when I try. Soon my shroud is burnt and most of the people disperse. I feel a familial presence behind me as the scene shifts to the deep sea. I'm cradled in the arms of a man; I look up and discover it's my dad.
"I'm glad you're doing well Percy" my dad says.
"I couldn't stand watching you leave me so soon, so I reincarnated you in a realm I have a large influence over" he explains.
"Wait but-""I know you have your questions let me finish explaining before you ask" he requests.
I settle down and wait for my well-deserved explanation. I may be enjoying my new life but that doesn't mean anyone can toss my soul around as they please! I huffed.
"When you- Died. I realized how much I cared for you and in my moment grief I- I made the decision to reincarnate you..." he says sounding a little flustered as he trailed off.
"Oh." I can understand that I would be distraught with grief if my new family died too. "But what happened to my memories?" I questioned. Memories shouldn't be messed with no matter the reason.
"Ah- that. I placed a damper of sorts on your memories so you wouldn't feel guilty or anything of the sort about not being with your family... And would be more accepting to your new one..."
Ah. He did it out of concern for my emotions. "That- That's not a good thing to do but I understand why you did it. I'm happy with them right now" I say with a slightly scrunched face.
"That's good. Ah- I should probably tell you about your body" he says with a look of realization.
"My body? What happened to my body?!" I say starting to panic slightly, I just got attached to my new family I don't want to lose them now!
"Ah not to worry your body is just stronger in some ways than other dragons" my father stated.
"Oh" I say calming down. "What's stronger about it?"
"Well for starters your scales are harder, your fins are stronger (for speed), Your blasts are hotter and a different color-"
"Blasts? What blasts?!" I say shocked.
"Your species can launch scalding hot water at enemies."
"Cool" I say with wide eyes (they are not sparkling your seeing things).
"When you get older, you'll also get a unique scale pattern" dad stated proudly.
"Wow" "what about me demigod abilities?" I don't know what happened to those.
"Unfortunately, they couldn't cross over with into your new body but instead I have given you high resistances against almost everything that world can throw at you."
"That's sucks and is great at the same time" I had been wondering why I couldn't talk to the fish there!
Dad hummed in acknowledgement. "Ill see you in the next dream I can reach you in, goodbye Percy."

The dream faded quickly after that, and I opened my eyes to Parrots exited exclamation. "Wake up you Sea slugs! Mom's taking us to the forest!"
Yes!