Chapter 7

((A/N: Thank you for 1k views and all the positive feedback!! Also, I will take suggestions on what happens next, to keep the story more in touch with my readers! Of course, suggestions don't guarantee I'll add it in, but I definitely will consider your opinions, so comment away what you want to happen next! I love all of my readers! <3))

"L-Lukas?" Mathias stuttered, standing up and reaching for his brother. "I thought you were dead..."

"I thought I was as well, but clearly some abnormal things are happening." Lukas responded curtly, nodding at the two winged people in front of him. Mathias nodded sadly.

"You're smart, Lukas. How do we fix it? Can't you use magic or something?" Mathias asked, but his brother shook his head.

"My magic doesn't work anymore. I don't know why. And by the way, who is the lady?" he said.

"Oh. This is (f/n). She was the top soldier in my army. We thought we were the only two that survived the attack..."

You stood and nodded, having never met Lukas before. "And I take it you're Mathias' brother, right?" you held out your hand and he shook it, and it took a moment for you to realize you didn't shock him. You looked down at your hand, and then at Mathias. Hoping the mysterious power was gone, you reached for him and his hand met yours; but caused a shock and repulsed you both. Your hearts sank and Mathias turned to Lukas for an explanation.

"I'm a human, stupid." he rolled his eyes. "You are an angel and a demon. You can't touch. No surprise that you're the demon though, Mathias."

The Dane processed his brother's statement, looked up at him, and hugged him when he realized he wouldn't shock his brother.

Lukas groaned in irritation, trying to push his brother away to no avail. Eventually he accepted the hug, his arms dropping to his sides. When Mathias finally let go, Lukas stepped back to regain personal space.

"I missed you, brother." Mathias sniffed, rubbing his eyes.

"For the gods' sakes, you're a child. How did you survive on your own?"

"(f/n) took care of me. Isn't she the best?"

You blushed a little bit and looked away, knowing that was not entirely true. He did a lot of work and, in your opinion, took more care of you than vice versa.

"E-enough about that, though," You stated, "Lukas, where have you been? Do you know anything about what's going to happen?"

"I've been unconscious in a ditch for the last few days, and all I know is that nothing is going to happen until one of you dies. Don't you know the prophecy at all?" he asked before reciting it anyway.

"In the world made impure by humankind,

A war will erupt in the body and the mind

Demons will rise, destroy all but few,

and leave them to make a world anew

From the ashes, two will rise

An angel and demon, from their own demise

The winner will stand and show their face,

Proud and tall, for a new human race."

He concluded it effortlessly, for everyone knew about the prophecy.

"And yet, as for what I can see," Lukas continued, "you're both still alive, and even with the Sword of the End right in front of you. Shouldn't its power be getting to you? That's a sword owned by the gods, idiots. One of you should be trying to kill the other by now. I'm surprised you haven't been encountering any of the Fates or some other divine creature by now."

"Actually, I did." You said, raising your hand as you remembered the strange old person earlier. "There was some old witch-looking person who said they were on my side, and then they left and I got super angry."

"A Fate." Lukas confirmed.

Mathias looked at you, surprised. The setting sun cast sharp shadows on parts of his face and set an orange glow on others. "You didn't tell me that was why you were being so weird." he mumbled, and you looked back apologetically.

"I just remembered. I'm sorry." you chuckled, and that made him smile softly. He gazed warmly at your features until you caught him staring, and you both looked away. Lukas fake-gagged and turned around.

"I'm going inside. Join me when you're done being gross lovebirds." he said, walking off. The two of you followed him, hoping to figure out a loophole in the prophecy now that someone smart was among you.