> Heartbreak <

"We were too close to the starsI never knew somebody like you, somebody"Reflections - The Neighbourhood

I never knew somebody like you, somebody"
Reflections - The Neighbourhood

><

THIRD PERSON, FLASHBACK

Dear Karl,

I'm sorry for leaving, I wish I could stay. My life has to move on, but my heart will always be with you. When I come back, it will be me and you against the world. Just promise not to forget me.

Love,
Y/N <3

><

Karl couldn't read it without shaking, he couldn't even bring himself to chase after her. The girl of his dreams was going to be gone with a mere plane ride. He sat up on his bed, contemplating before walking over to his desk. He pulled a sheet of paper and an envelope; he wrote his feelings, his regrets, and how much love he had to express.

Karl sent it off with a kiss before placing it on her suitcase, his presence seemed to have gone unnoticed. They were still mad at him, maybe less but he was deemed the asshole. Karl could hear the car start from his window, he watched as their car drove away, farther and farther away from him.

He reminisced before hearing a knock on his door, "Come in." His voice laced with exhaustion.

"You know you fucked up right?" Sapnap said walking in, alongside Hannah.

Karl groaned before plopping back down on his bed, he regretfully nodded.

"But she still loves you." Hannah crossed her arms.

Karl lashed out, "How can you say that with hours between us."

"Quackity was right, there is no use talking to you." Hannah sneered before hastily walking away.

Sapnap tried to stop her before running after her himself, "C'mon he just lost-"

Their voices cut off from the endless thoughts running Karl's head. Tears flowed, not knowing how to stop them. I'm sorry.

He made his way downstairs, his friends looked back at him.

"I'm sorry." Karl's eyes puffy and cheeks tear stained.

Everyone felt regret but stood their ground, "You're a douche."

"I know."

"Just apologize."

"I will."

"We can forgive but we won't forget."

"It's fine, please I just really need my friends right now."

Tina pat a seat next to her, when Karl sat down, he poured his emotions out to his friends. His heart seemed to shatter into pieces, "I just didn't want to lose her."

Everyone stayed silent, no one joked. Karl felt Quackity place an arm around him, "You got some serious problems, but first you need to apologize."

"I will, but for that, I need to be alone and back in North Carolina." Karl stood up, facing everyone's confused faces.

"You don't have to Karl.." Sylvee protested.

"I have to go." Karl stammered, his vision going blurry from the tears.

He ran upstairs and packed up all traces of him, his heart was ripped out of his chest as he packed away her letter.

><

In the span of 20 minutes, he was out the door, but many had tried to stop him. He felt like a burden, his heartache was so severe, he had to pull over. He cried into his steering wheel, "What the fuck did I do?"

Karl didn't want to cause problems with Y/N, but he had to get this off his chest. He unlocked his phone and pulled up her contact.

MESSAGES -

KARLLLLL
i'm sorry, I miss you

-

He shut off his phone, calmed himself before driving again, "I just need to get home."

><

HELLO! Short chapter just to give Karl's perspective! :)

Thoughts? Comments? Predictions?

Have a great day! You matter!

~ 🥕