𝐨𝐧𝐞 » 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐦

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

Nova smiled softly to herself, feeling the breeze of the night hit her face as she relaxed on her boyfriend's bed. It was just another Friday. Right after school she hung out with JJ for an hour and then headed to Rafe's to stay the weekend with him. Though something felt off. And usually she'd ignore those feelings but this one felt different. Rafe's behavior was very different than it usually was. Not that it wasn't always off but it was certainly different.

She hadn't been able to see Rafe all week so she hadn't known if anything happened to cause his off behavior, but she felt the need to ask. As Rafe exit the bathroom, Nova couldn't help but notice him rub his nose. "You okay?" Nova asked, leaning up on her elbows.

"Yeah, I'm good. Why?" Rafe sat down at the edge of the bed, sniffling, he rubbed his nose again.

"Cause of that," Nova crawled towards him and placed her hand on his jaw, making him look towards her. He sighed as she wiped the white powder off his nose. "You're using again? Seriously, Rafe? We talked about this. You said you would stop," Nova dropped her hand and moved away from him.

Rafe leaned forward and placed his hands on her shoulders, "Hey, look, I'm sorry, okay, I'm sorry. But, I just hadn't seen you all week and my dad was pissed at me for taking the boat and I just needed to relax. I'll stop. I promise." Rafe moved his hands to her face, making her look at him, he held a pleading face. And of course, she'd give in, again. "You promise?"

"I promise, baby. I'll never touch it again," he said, noticing her eyes drift away from him. "Hey, hey, look at me. I promise, I'll stop," Nova nodded softly in reply. "I love you, Nov." Rafe pressed a gentle kiss against her lips, as she smiled into it. "I love you too," she mumbled against his soft lips as he laid her down, hovering over her. And unfortunately, a knock on the door forced them to pull apart.

"Who is it?!" Rafe sat up with an annoyed look. "It's Sarah! I need to borrow, Nova!" Sarah spoke, annoyed herself.

Rafe stood up and pulled open the door, crossing his arms in annoyance. "Why do you need to borrow my girlfriend?" He questioned as Nova pulled a shirt on and stood up.