Chapter 5

"I should go." I openly voiced, as I wrapped my burger back up.

Without looking at him, I grabbed the bag and stepped off the stool.

I stepped toward the door but did not get far, as a strong hand gently but firmly grabbed my arm, halting my movement. I turned around, my heart pounding in my chest, and found myself face-to-face with intense green eyes that were mixed with determination and desire.

"Stop running from me." His strong voice led out with a swipe of my waist, he had me on the counter, face to face with him.

Conflicting emotions swirled inside me. On one hand, his touch sent shivers down my spine, awakening a dormant desire I never knew I had. But on the other hand, I felt a twinge of fear, unsure if he'd leave with the power he seemed to possess over me.

"I don't even know your name," I said softly, deciding to speak my loudest thought.

He tilted his head slightly, his eyes locked onto mine, and a ghost of a smirk was evident on his face. It sent a rush of heat to my cheeks.

"Okay," he replied cryptically, his voice low and filled with a hint of mischief. "How about we play a game instead? Ever heard of hangman?"

I blinked, taken aback by the sudden shift in conversation. "Hangman?"

His smirk grew wider, and his gaze darkened, intensifying the magnetism between us. "But let's add a slight twist, shall we? Every letter you get wrong, I take something off...of you, but every letter you get right, I undress. A win, win, no?" he teased.

My heart pounded in my chest, and a mixture of anticipation and trepidation coursed through my veins. The air in the room seemed to thicken, charged with electric energy that enveloped us both. I couldn't tear my eyes away from his, mesmerized by the depth they held.

A part of me wanted to step back, to regain control over the situation, but another part was enticed by the unknown and the allure of his dominance. I knew I should resist, gather my thoughts, and find the strength to walk away, but his presence had cast a spell over me, making it impossible to resist his pull.

With flushed cheeks and trembling hands, I nodded slowly, my voice barely audible. "Okay. Let's play."

He smiled, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of desire and triumph. His fingertips brushed lightly against my arm as he moved closer, sending a delicious tingle down my spine. "Good girl," he murmured, his voice husky.

He led me away from the counter, guiding me to the living room. He then pulled the coffee table closer to us as we sat on the couch and retrieved a pen and a piece of paper.

I watched, my breath catching in my throat, as he wrote seven underscores representing the letters of his name. My eyes traced the lines, trying to decipher any clue. What was his name?

I glanced around his place, looking for any clues, everything was just black and clean.

He looked at me, his gaze intense, and spoke with a mix of authority and sensuality. "Choose wisely."

I hesitated for a moment, my mind racing, unsure of where this dangerous game would lead. But the allure of the unknown was too strong to resist. I took a deep breath and blurted out, "A."

His eyes locked onto mine, and a knowing smile played at the corner of his lips. "Hmm," he hummed, his voice dripping with satisfaction.

He wrote the letter on the fourth line.

_ _ _ a _ _ _

I smiled internally at being able to keep my clothes on, but as he reached for his shirt, my smile fell.