► Episode 01

► France - Bordeaux ◄

► 3 years ago ◄

" - Okay ! Can you tell me three of your strengths and three of your weaknesses ? "

" - I'm sorry ? "

I look at her in surprise. With all my job interviews, this is the first time someone has asked me this.

" - It's simple! Just tell me your strengths and weaknesses ? "

" - Um...of course ! "

I give her an embarrassed smile. I am already stressed, and mentioning my weaknesses is not going to help.

"- Well... "

Come on, Rhéane! You can do it. I'll start with my flaws, so I can end with my skills. That's a good plan.

"- For my weaknesses, I would say that I am someone who is...ambitious. I know that for some people it's not a weakness. But for me, it is. I am someone who likes to aim higher. So...I would put 'ambitious' both as a strength and a weakness."

"- Okay, noted...and then ? "

"- Well, sometimes I'm anxious..."

"- Ah !"

I can see the disappointment in her eyes.

" - But... "

She refocuses her attention on me.

" - Little by little, I manage my anxieties. If I get this job, don't worry. "

Shut up, Rhéane! You're going to mess everything up again.

" - You won't have any problems with me on that side! "

She observes me for a few moments before jotting down some notes on her paper. I'm so apprehensive that I can hear my heart beating loudly.

" - I see... And your third flaw ? "

" - To be honest, I'm a rather shy person, but despite my fears, I know how to be reasonable. Which, by the way, is a good transition to my second quality. "

" - Which is? "

" - I'm a hard worker. You can't find anyone better than me. When I work, I give it my all... And... "

" - That's enough! "

" - Sorry ? But I haven't finished... "

" - That's enough for me ! "

The woman keeps jotting things down on her document. I raise my head a bit to try to read it.

" - Well ! "

She lifts her head and I smile at her.

" - Why do you think you're suited for this secretary position ? "