✧*:・୨⎯ "04: My childhood friend "⎯୧*:・゚✧*

(Leo POV)

Maline was my childhood friend, she was the one who was willing to hold my hand when other people refused.

I was ugly back then. Really ugly.

I was ugly to the point that even my own mother wouldn't look me in the eyes.

Because she was pretty and having an ugly was the worse punishment she had.

But Maline didn't care if I was ugly, rich or poor, that truly made me feel safe.

Mother would often drop me off to her house since we were neighbours, there she would wait for me at the door and when I knocked she opened it and threw her arms around me bearing that bright smile she always wore.

During middle school we were desk mates, we would whisper to each other about the looks of teachers and how annoyed they would get at us

I wanted everything to stay the same until our lives fade away.

But one day she left without a trace.

And when I finally saw her on first day of high school, she lied. I knew it was her but I didn't expect her to lie.

When I saw her fall and hit her head it made me feel even distant from her that I never knew her anything about her from the beginning.

So I picked Lilith up and carried her instead.
I want Maline, not Lilith.

Leo opened the door to Maline's patient room, he sat down and slowly ran his figures through her hair gently.

As he went out the door, he left a gentle kiss on her hair as it slid off from his hands.