ten. keep your friends close

chapter tenkeep your friends close⎯⎯⎯⎯

chapter ten
keep your friends close
⎯⎯⎯⎯

The girls stood with Hanna at her locker as she looked into her mirror. "Okay, I need to ask you guys something and I need you to be totally honest with me," she said as she turned to her friends and the girls agreed to. "Of course." "Yeah." "Alright." The girls said in sync. "Is this side of my face fatter than this side?" She asked moving her head side to side. "No." All of them replied but Hanna didn't feel reassured and patted the sides of her face as Aria looked out into the hall. "Is that Ian?" she asked, causing all of them to look over to see him standing in the hallway talking to a teacher. "Yeah, I hear he's the new field hockey coach." Emily answered as Adalind glared at him.

"Does Melissa know he's back?" Emily asked Spencer. "I don't know why she ever broke up with him." Hanna said. "She didn't. He broke up with her." Spencer clarified. "Well good for her, either way, he's a creep," Adalind said as Mona came over to them. "Hey! The first one is for my bestie." she said as she handed Hanna an envelope before turning to the other girls. "And one for each of you, my bestie's other friends." She gave them envelopes as well.

"Oh, uh, what's this?" Aria asked. "Oh, nothing. Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever. Camp Mona." She said excitedly with a smile, and Adalind smiled at the excited girl. "Camp Mona?" Adalind questioned. "Don't let the camping part scare you. It's glamping, not camping. M is for Mona and massages, not mosquitoes." She clarified. "Oh, Naomi, Riley. Hey wait up." she yelled out before she walked away. "Why is Mona inviting us to her birthday party?" Spencer asked, an amused smile painted her lips.

"Well, she knows that we're friends again and she's just trying to reach out to you. She's trying to be nice." Hanna explained. "So are you gonna go?" Hanna asked, but her friends were quiet. "I know she's your friend, but..." Spencer trailed off. "Yeah, but I-I'm gonna have to pass. I've got this –." Aria started. "I got a lot of stuff to do this weekend." Spencer added. "Me too." Emily added. Hanna looked to Adalind who was silent. "I'll go, I've nothing else to do." Adalind said with a shrug, making Hanna smile when their phones rang.

"Camp Mona's a scavenger hunt and I'm the prize," Spencer started. "Come and find me, bitches." Hanna continued. "A." they all said, making Adalind sigh in frustration as the girls looked around, knowing it was someone that had to have been there, watching them to be able to send that message. 'A' had to ruin everything. she thought she looked at the text message.

BLOCKED ID
Camp Mona's a scavenger hunt and I'm the prize.
Come and find me, bitches.
A

⎯⎯⎯⎯

"What could they have found?" Hanna asked as her, Adalind, Spencer and Emily stood around in the hallway. "I don't know." Adalind answered. "Maybe they just wanna talk to us." Emily suggested as Aria joined them. "Hey, what's going on?" She asked. "The cops are here." Hanna answered. "I heard they found something of Alison's." Spencer added. "Spencer Hastings, Aria Montgomery, Adalind Barlowe, Emily Fields and Hanna Marin please come to the office." someone said over the school speaker.