A Frosty Confusion.

The bell to the ice-cream parlor chimed as two demons walked into the shop. The demons already in the parlor cower in fear as both Alastor and Angel Dust make their way to the counter, their arms linked. 

The poor cashier’s eyes widened in fear of the demon couple, barely able to muster a shaky, “H-how may I help you g-guys?”

The Radio Demon’s smile grew at the fear that oozed from their surroundings, his lover beside him taking a look at the options. “Cookie dough, thanks.” Angel Dust nods.

“W-will that be all?” the cashier stammers.

Angel glanced to Alastor. Once met with a shake of his head, Angel turned back to the cashier. “Yep. All good.”

And so, the demon rushed to complete the order, handing it to the spider once finished. Alastor handed the cashier her payment, and the pair walked out of the shop. Demons all around them had their eyes on the couple, but they really didn’t care. Throughout the entire walk they talked amongst themselves, enjoying each other’s company.

“And that’s when he said, ‘What’s wrong, son? I thought you loved horses!’” Alastor beams, throwing out his arms.

Angel burst into laughter, holding a hand to his mouth as he giggled. “Horrible, Al.” He smiled, “Literally horrible.”

“You bet, darling!” Alastor grinned. His smile fell in slight confusion as he heard a buzz from Angel’s person. The spider held up a finger, a free hand digging around his chest fluff as he pulled out his phone. Laughing a bit at the face Alastor made at the device, Angel takes a look at the message he received.

“...oh.” He said quietly, expression dropping.

“What is it, my dear?” Alastor asks, tilting his head as Angel lets go of his arm.

Angel sighs, shoving his phone back into his interdimensional tit pocket. “Val’s callin’ me into work.” He explained, looking annoyed.

Alastor’s smile curled in disgust at the mention of the moth. “I thought this was your day off. What right does he have to call you in?”

“The right ‘ta my soul, maybe?” Angel tries for a joke, but it’s received poorly. He sighed again, shaking his head. “Well, I gotta go, Al. Meet ya’ back at ‘da hotel?”

Alastor didn’t want to let him go, but he knew that it couldn’t be helped. “If you must, then yes. I do suppose we’ll meet again at the hotel.”

Angel gave a soft smile and he leaned down to press a small peck on Alastor’s cheek. “Gotcha. See ya, babe!” He turned on his heels, waving goodbye as he walked off. 

Alastor let out a small static sound of joy at the kiss, chuckling as he watched Angel go. “Do be safe, mon Ange!” He called. 

~~

Alastor sat alone at the bar, holding a colony cocktail in his hand. Gentle jazz music played in the background, but the deer was everything but at ease. It had gotten deeper into the day, about evening time now, and Angel Dust hadn’t returned from work. Alastor was worried and determined to wait for his lover. 

His efforts were rewarded when the doors to the hotel swung open and in hobbled Angel. Thankfully, he wasn’t torn up and bloody as he had been many times coming back from Valentino, but he was limping.

Oh. Alastor’s smile fell slightly at the realization. The Radio Demon stood and abandoned his drink, walking to his lover’s side.

“Oh…hey Al.” Angel greeted with a small smile.