XV

a/n - just know that next chapter? hehehhehehehe

~+~

Qoren

Qoren drank some wine, grimacing at the taste of the red. It failed to carry the same earthiness that those made in Sunspear did, and after two decades of drinking it, he was prone to hating everything else.

He glanced over at Aliandra as she helped him with his armor. "You're quiet today," he said, setting down his cup. He knew it would be foolish to drink too much. "I thought you enjoyed the feast last night?"

"I did," she said. Curt. Bordering on cold.

Qoren sighed. "And yet..."

"You're going to marry her, aren't you?" she asked, turning her dark eyes up to meet his.

Smiling softly, Qoren cupped his daughter's cheek and pressed a kiss to her forehead, thumb stroking beneath her eye. "If she is amenable to the betrothal, then," he quietly told her, "yes. I would...hope to."

Aliandra scoffed, dropping his gauntlet's straps in favor of crossing her arms over her chest. A pout tugged at her lips. "So much for your promise then?"

"Alia-"

"You didn't even try!" she cried out. "You could have waited at least a few days or the entire week! Instead, you're already hoping she likes you as much as you her! It's...it's..."

"It's what?"

Aliandra pulled away from him and with her nose high in the air, she said, "Pathetic!"

Pathetic? Qoren stifled his laughter as best he could, but it wasn't enough and he found himself at the end of Aliandra's deadly glare that was all too much like her mother's. "Oh," he chuckled, reaching for Aliandra, "my sweetest Alia." She tried to fight off his embrace but Qoren would not accept defeat, and Aliandra grumbled into his chest as he stroked her hair and hugged her tightly. "I am so pathetic for finding a girl lovely?"

"A girl, not a woman." Her voice was muffled against his breastplate.

Qoren raised a brow. "Ah, yes she is young, but" -he pulled her away if only to stare into her displeased eyes- "she is a woman grown and capable of making her own decisions. I will only marry Shaera Velaryon if she agrees. Better?"

"She'll probably agree!"

"And how do you know that, sweet?"

Aliandra rolled her eyes, flinging her arms out with flare. "You're the one she danced with all night aside from her family. We" -she seemed rather offended by the fact as she shoved a finger into his chest- "only danced twice! Not only is she stealing my father, but my dancing partner as well!"

"You seemed rather content in dancing with Rhaena Targaryen and Lucerys Velaryon if I recall."

"I-" Aliandra opened and closed her mouth a few times before skewing her lips into a pout. "I am friends with them now-which, I will never be with their sister." Qoren chuckled as he watched his daughter's cold exterior start to melt. Though she could be frigid when she wished to, she was fickle in how long it could last. "But...but if you were to..."

Qoren smiled. "If I were to what, my dear?"

"If you were to," she huffed with a wave of her hand, "you know...marry Shaera Velaryon..."

"Yes?"

Aliandra turned her dark eyes to the tent's roof and chewed on her cheek. "Could...could Rhaena perhaps...come to Dorne?" she asked slowly. Her eyes widened as Qoren caved in on himself with laughter. "I mean! I mean as a courtesy! Your young wife will need a friend, and...and...and the Lady Rhaena is very close to her and...and I think it would be at least tolerable to have her around if she's busy with someone else and-"