Prologue

A/N : This story mentions about violence, sexual abuse and some other might be inappropriate stuff. Viewers under the age of 16 be cautioned.

The girl with light ash blonde hair grinned mischievously as she lowered herself, trying her best not to be spotted. She glanced at her brother Angelo, who, like her, was a young boy that love to spook their friend, Harrison. They signalled to each other before shouting, "here's Johnny!" They then slapped their hands on Harrison's shoulders, causing the ravenette to lose his balance and fell due to shock as the Stefanelli siblings exploded with laughter.

"Got you Harry! You got to try harder!" The blond girl laughed, holding her belly as she continued to laugh, much to Harrison's annoyance. He shouted, moving to the side like how a cat does, " oh shut up Apollonia! I am not hiding so stop being so annoying!" Apollonia only give Harrison a stick out tongue, "so what?"

Apollonia was a eight-year-old girl who resided in Texas along with her family which consisted of her Italian-American parents, her nine-year-old brother Angelo, and four other younger siblings. Despite her family's poverty, their father was known as a good man so they were very well-liked, especially Apollonia whose immeasurable beauty stunned even adults.In town, there were even talks of her future marriage candidates. But the only boy she played with was her nine-year-old neighbour Harrison Miller.

Amidst their usual bicker, Angelo noticed Harrison's notebook which was left forgotten on the dried grass. Out of curiosity, he picked up the notebook and began to flip through it. The first few pages were filled with some random doodles and some abstract drawings.Just as Angelo was about to flip the next page, the notebook was snatched away by Harrison. " How many times have I said that you cannot look at my stuff without permission, Angelo!?" Harrison shouted angrily, his darkened jade green eyes and redden cheeks reflected his anger.

Seeing Harrison's reaction, Angelo tilted his head in wonder. Though Harrison was always angry at Angelo for taking his things, he had never looked like that. Just now, he looked like he was...embarrassed? Angelo smirked at a certain thought as he moved closer to Harrison.

" What did you draw in that notebook, Harry? A girl?"

As if he was electrocuted, Harrison froze before he began to blush and glance at Apollonia who was at a corner playing with his golden retriever, Teddy. Then remembering Angelo's scrutinising gaze, snapping back to reality. " It...its not! Just go away Angelo!"

"Ohoho, Harry..." Angelo's shady smile deepened as he grabbed Harrison's sleeve.

"Let's have a talk, man with man."

"The hell? Oi! Angelo! stop it!" Angelo ignored his cries as he dragged him to somewhere for the 'man and man' talk.

Meanwhile, something huge happened in the Stefanelli household.

Blood dripped down Antonio Stefanelli's head as he looked up at his assailant in fright and trembled under his gaze. His wife, Gianna stood rooted near the doorway while holding their five months old son, Santino, close. Her face was paled and was also shaking so badly that she could hardly stand still.

" It has been months, Antonio. The debt must be collected today if not you just have to die." The assailant said, brandishing a swiss army knife."The don does not have the same patience as me you see."

" Please, Luigi! Just give me a day, I will definitely pay back tomo... AHH! " Antonio cried out in agony as Luigi pulled off the knife from his leg.

" Antonio!" Gianna cried, causing Santini to wail as it resounded throughout the room.

" I suggest you go to your room, woman. Or I kill the baby. You wouldn't want that would you?" Luigi threatened, his tone crazily gentle despite his maniacal smile as he licked the blood off his knife. Fearfully and anxiously, Gianna fled upstairs with Santino in her arms.

While Gianna was gone, Luigi whistled the tune, ' Mary Had A Little Lamb'. He played with his knife as he whistled the tune over and over again, body leaning against the kitchen table. His gaze wondering around the house as if Antonio was forgotten. His gaze subconsciously landed on a photo of a beautiful young girl with long wavy blond hair and blue eyes, resembling a doll. Sweet and cute.

It was a photo of Apollonia.

Sensing that Antonio had stiffened up, Luigi smirked once more before sauntering over and picked up the photo frame. He then caressed the photo, tracing the face of Apollonia. " Did not know that a dirtbag like you can have such a beautiful daughter. A girl like her with blond hair and blue eyes are rare breeds. Guess sadly she hits the genetics chart."

" W..wha...what do you want?" Antonio stuttered, shivering with fear.

Putting down the photo, Luigi laughed. His laugh was ominous, making the situation was than the ones in the movies. " Let's have a deal, Antonio."

Antonio flinched at his words, thinking what a person like Luigi might want.

Luigi continued, " Give me your daughter, Antonio. Then your debts will be cleared plus a five hundred dollars as a bonus."

Shocked in disbelief, Antonio argued." I am not willing to give my daughter to you! Kill me if you must but not my daug...!" His words were unfinished as a punch landed on his face, making him holding his face due to the pain.

" Can't believe what an idiot you are, not understanding your own situation. We could have killed your entire family but we chose to use the more troublesome way cause we Italians emphasise on family." Antonio widened his eyes and Luigi moved on. " We have men stationed at the stations, so you can neither run now hide which is wise that you give your daughter to me."

" Or else, you want your entire family to be killed?" He finished with a lazy smile, lighting up a cigarette.

" Now let's sign our deal, shan't we? Antonio?"

A/N: sorry if this is inaccurate. I had only watched the godfather, Vincenzo and banana fish. Most credits belong to banana fish.