+_<The date>_+

*time jump*

It soon hit 3:00 and i started to get ready. I put on a navy blue sweater and a black pair of leggings.

 I put on a navy blue sweater and a black pair of leggings

I curled my hair and put on my navy blue vans. I put on a little makeup. By then it was 4:30. I still had about 30 minutes left. I went down stairs and sat on the couch where my brother and my dad were watching some kind of prank show. I sat down and watched it with them when my brother said.... "Where are you going dressed like that" I wasn't sure how to answer because i dont think he knew about Zack asking me out. "Oh just going out with a friend" i said trying not to sound suspicious. "Dont worry i know your going out with Zack" he said calmly " ok good i thought you might have been mad about it" i said taking a breath of relief. " he asked me if he could ask you out. He really likes you." My brother said. " yeah he always asks about you" my dad said smiling. How does everyone in my family know he liked me before i even knew . It was really confusing.

It soon hit 5:00 A few minutes later the doorbell rang. I grabbed my purse and opened the door. There he was, standing with a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of white roses. They were my favorite flower, man this guy must have asked a lot of questions. I told everyone bye and he walked me to the car. He opened my door for me, honestly that made my heart melt, he was so sweet and i only knew him for practically a day. He hurried over to the other side of the car,and hopped in. He handed me the flowers. "So Applebees, right" he asked "yeah sure" man he was cute, i was kinda excited to get to know him! We shortly arrived at the restaurant. I went to open my door when he said... "hold on ill get that." He went over to my side of the car and opened the door for me. Man this guy gave me butterflies. We headed inside and got seated.

They gave us our menus and we ordered our drinks "umm, just a water please" the waiter nodded. "Ill just have a sweet tea" Zack said. The waiter walked off to give us time to look at the menu's. We both sat quietly looking through our menu's. It was kind of awkward, but the awkwardness soon turned into a conversation. "Man they have so many burgers, how am I supposed to choose" Zack said. I giggled. "I dont know but they all look amazing." Zack laughed, "So what made you get into hockey" i asked Zack, " Well my whole family skates. My mom was a figure skater and my dad played hockey, when my sister started taking lessons i got my dad to teach me and now I'm shooting for the major league." He must've been excited talking about hockey. He had the biggest smile on his face. " to be honest" i said " I never really cared about hockey but my family did my dad played basically his whole life." We both smiled, " you have a really pretty smile" geez this guy, he gave me this knot in my stomach, but not a bad one, a good one. Soon after the waiter came back to take our orders. He order a bacon burger and I ordered a house style cheeseburger, (i don't know the difference lol) the waiter left and took our menu's. We started to talk, we actually had a lot in common. "So what's your favorite color?" Zack asked. "Oh, thats a hard question, I would have to say pink." He laughed, "hey what's so funny?" I asked with a smile on my face. "I dont know you just don"t seem like the kind of girl that likes pink." We both laughed. "Yeah. You wouldn't say that if you saw my room" I was happy with him, I hadn't ever really been on a true date. "So now that you know my favorite color, what's yours?" He put his hand on his face, he looked embarrassed. "Don't laugh, but my favorite color is purple." I tried my hardest not to laugh, but then we made eye contact and we both bursted out laughing. "I know, i know not a manly color" " no i like that color it suits You" i said "should i take that offensive?" He asked sarcastically. We talked for a while and eventually are food came. " man this all looks amazing" " I know right i love Applebees, its been forever since i ate here." We both chatted a while while we ate." Soon it hit 6:30. "Oh crap practice starts in 30 minutes!" He said finishing the last of his food, " I'm so sorry to rush you but I really need to get to practice or coach is going to kill me." He took out his wallet and laid out 2 $20 bills. "Oh yeah I forgot about practice my dad probably needs my help." We left and got in the car. Even though we were in a hurry he still made time to open my door for me. The sun was going down and it was nice and cool so we rolled down the windows . The air was cold and I tried not to show that i was cold, but i must have done a bad job because he asked "hey do you want a jacket?" He grabbed a jacket that had his number on it. Number 24, he helped me put the jacket on and we quickly drove to the rink.

We got there around 6:50. By then the whole team was warming up. Zack hurried to the locker room to change. My dad walked out behind him. "Sooo how was the date, was he nice because if he wasn't I'm going to ki-" "no dad it was great, he was really nice" my dad smiled. "I'm so glad you enjoyed it." My dad gave me a hug and went off to coach practice with the team. I sat down on the bleachers in the same spot I always did. I could see Zack and Hayden talking, I hoped it wasn't about me, i did NOT want my brother to know to much. I saw Zack look over to me and wave a couple of times, but my dad yelled at him to stop. I felt kinda bad not going to lie. The boys practiced for a while. About an hour in i went to my dads office and laid on the couch in there. Wasn't the most comfortable couch but i was tired so I would have to deal with it. I eventually fell asleep. A few hours later at around 9:00 my dad woke me up. "Kiddo, wake up its time to go home." I got up and walked with my dad to the car. "Oh crap I forgot my keys. Be right back" my dad said running back inside. I saw Zack getting in his car about to leave. I ran over there to say goodbye, "hey i had a lot of fun today," " i did too" he gave me a hug, oh boy I think i was about to pass out, his hug was perfect, i could tell he meant it. He also towered over me, he had to be at least 6'2. I was only 5'4 for measure. We said goodbye and i headed back to the car. My dad was waiting at the car, "hey, i saw that kiddo" my face had to have turned bright red. My brother got in the car soon after. We drove home listening to the radio.

A soon as we got home my brother hopped in the shower and i made him and me food. I always make food for him, I'm afraid if i let him do it he will burn down the house. (lol) I heated up some of the instant kraft Mac-n-cheese we had in the pantry. My brother eventually got out of the shower and put on some clean clothes. He hurried into the kitchen knowing i had made food. I handed him the Mac-n-cheese and a dr.pepper and we both sat down and ate. My mom and dad had went to bed. Soon after I finished i went and washed my face and brushed my teeth, put on some new pajamas and laid down. I turned on my TV and started to watch my favorite show, OuterBanks. I was a little obsessed with it i had watched it a few times through and now that the new season was out i had been watching that too. I got a ding on my phone, it was a group chat of the team. I dont know why i was added but I thought maybe it would be fun knowing what all the boys were up to, but soon after the group chat started spamming me and tagging me asking me questions about the date. I kept it down low because I wasn't sure what Zack thought of it, i know he liked me but did he like me that way. I honestly didn't know. I answered a few questions but not a lot. My brother finally told everyone to shut up and that it was my bissness not their's. I soon after feel asleep.