Chapter 7: Into the Woods

Paul POV.

"How did they know to move back?" Sam asked. I sat there frozen. My Olivia was here to help fight with the pack. Why her? It could have been anyone. Did she know? Did she know about the pack?

"They must have noticed the early signs of shifting and moved back as quickly as possible." Billy said. He watched me carefully as if I was going to tear the house down.

"What triggers her shift?" I asked, finally snapping out of it.

"Well same as you. After her first encounter with a vampire it could be a few hours--days at most before she first shifts."

"So we keep her away from vampires. We hide her where they'll never find her." I said coming up with a plan. She can't shift. I won't let her go through the same crap I did. "Does she know?"

"If she knew she would have already confronted you about it." Billy said with a small smile.

"I don't think we can keep her away from vampires." Sam said.

"Why not?" I was about to fight him for it.

"The red head is back."

Then we heard a scream.

Olivia POV.
------time skip to Thursday------

After I got home from school I started on my homework. I was struggling with my math to the point I was on the verge of tears. I decided to take a break and do something else. I went downstairs to get a snack. I looked out the back window and saw the woods. They looked so peaceful I decided that I should go on what my sisters call a 'nature walk.' I grabbed my phone and wrote my parents a note, since they were still at work, and left out the back door. Right as I entered the woods I started to feel calmer. I've always loved nature so that wasn't a surprise. As I followed the trail I picked I found a look out over the ocean. Making sure I wasn't too close to the edge, I started taking some pictures. About a minute later I heard some russing in the bushes.

"Who's there?" I called out, stepping away from the edge.

"Just me." Said the red head who stepped out of the bushes. Weird. Who just sits in bushes? "What are you doing out here all alone?" She started pacing back and forth where the lookout meets the forest ground.

"I could ask you the same." I responded. I was getting more nervous as the seconds passed.

"I was just looking for some food, and you're looking tasty." She smiled a joker worthy smile and charged. I fell back and screamed. So this is it. This is how I die. Because I was too stupid to bring a long one of my sisters. And now I'm about to be eaten by a cannibal. No one warned me about cannibals. Just before she got to me a huge gray wolf jumped in between her and I. I thought the wolf was going to eat me but instead he crouched protectively in front of me. He Snarled at the red head and she just sighed and ran off. The wolf howled and was echoed by what sounded like about 4 more wolves.

I stared at the wolf. "Please don't eat me." I begged.

The wolf looked at me like he felt bad for scaring me. Then, as if my day couldn't get any weirder, the wolf shifted into a very naked Paul. I screeched and looked away, face burning.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He said. He has gotten shorts from somewhere and was now crouched on the ground next to me.

"What the heck." I said scooting away from him. "First the cannibal lady and now a big wolf shifts into you!"

"I know, I know. First of all I shift into a wolf not the other way around. Second you are bleeding so the bloodsucker is going to come back. We need to get you home." He started to help me stand up but I pulled away.