Chapter 6

Garp and Luffy were at the shores of Dawn Island near Foosha Village, where Luffy was running around, playing with the waters, collecting shells and making sand castles. The little bundle of joy looked so happy as he played that Garp could not think of anything but look at the kid with keen, loving and fond eyes.

"Jiji?" Luffy called out to his grandpa with a gummy smile on his little face as he lifted his head from the so called sand castle he made. 

Garp hummed looking at his adorable grandson, urging him to continue.

"I want to be strong!" Luffy declared with determination shinning in his beady doe eyes. Garp could see the same resolution in those eyes which he had seen in Dragon's all those years ago when he had left to change the world and start the revolution.

"Why is that your wish?" Garp asked, approaching the grinning kid, whose mouth formed a slight pout and face scrunched until it was red due to him thinking so much.

"Bwahahaha!" Garp laughed at the antics of his adorable grandson. "Do you perhaps want to be a marine?" Garp proposed, his eyes lighting up at the very possibility. His mind raced thousands of kilometers per second at his own idea, thinking about the benefits Luffy could get if he became one.

"I don't like marines." Luffy's small face scrunched in disgust as he thought about the very idea of ever wearing a marine uniform and following someone's else orders.

Garp couldn't help but reward the puny brat with a 'fist of love' for his nonchalance and denial to be a marine.

"You will become a fine marine." Garp announced, lifting up the boy by his shirt and advancing towards the jungle for training Luffy.

'As long as Luffy's secrets are hidden, the brat can help lots of people by becoming a marine.' Garp thought as he threw the boy to the monkeys for training.

.

The sea seethed in anger that very same day in which Garp started Luffy's training, leading the waves to raise high and mighty in the shores of the Foosha Village and the winds to wreak havoc in the jungles were the hellish tortures took place.

Makino didn't think much of the nature's wrath as she continued to serve her costumers and clean the tables but she couldn't ignore it anymore when all of a sudden the doors to her opened and her eyes widened in pure horror at the sight of Garp holding a bloodied, bruised and beaten up Luffy who was whimpering. Dropping all her work, Makino rushed towards the boy, horrified and frightened at each wound and scrap she encountered.

"What happened Luffy?!" Makino asked as she placed the kid on the counter.

"T-Train..ing." Luffy coughed out before trying to breath once again. It seemed as if all the air was knocked out of the boy's little lungs. Makino harshly glared at Garp who ignored her gaze and whistled innocently.

"I might have overdid it." Garp chuckled nervously under the stare. "But making him fight the monkeys, throwing him off a cliff or tying him with balloons doesn't seem much." Garp provided, his each other petrifying Makino to her place. "He would be fine though."

Makino could only agree with Garp on one single thing that what Luffy had gone through was not training at all. Hell, torture even seemed a lesser way to describe what the four year old had been subjected to... and would be in the future. 

Makino tried her best to stop the occasional training which continued on. It didn't help her emotional state when the trainings started getting more and more brutal. Whenever Garp visited, he would leave Luffy immobile or unconscious. She protested against it but it was Luffy who told her that he wanted it. The little boy wished for that hellish torture to get stronger. Makino could do nothing more than only tend to the wounds of the little brave boy and make sure that he recovered completely from the aftermath of it.