Chapter 2: Preparation

Soobin was never afraid to die

Soobin was never afraid to die. He believes that dying is a significant event of our lives that we cannot stop at all but not until he started to create his own world inside his head. At that point, where he can fully control his dreams, he wanted to live more.

He wants to dream more.

"You didn't actually agree on that, right?" Hueningkai asks, currently inside a café and Soobin's consuming water while he's drinking some iced latte.

"I said I'll think about it," Soobin replied.

"Soobin!" Kai exclaimed and frowns. "You know it's too risky already. You might end up dying!" he continued. "Please listen to me. Let's just look for work. I'll work to earn—"

"Are you stupid?"

"Huh?"

Soobin leans against the chair and looked outside the glass wall of the café, observing people outside. "Where are you going to get that amount in less than a week? Sell your organs? Your soul?" he asks and then looked at Kai. "I can earn it in a snap, Kai."

"But your life might get taken too in a snap, Soobin."

"I won't die... Not while dreaming," Soobin stated. "Once I found out more about that guy, I can surely find him in a matter of time, don't worry."

"You're always saying I shouldn't worry b-but... but you know I can't. Soobin, please. Don't do this," Hueningkai begged, almost crying.

"Just one day," Soobin said. "Let me try if for a day. If I'll feel pain or exhaustion, I'll quit," Soobin negotiated.

Hueningkai purses his lips for a second and just ended up sighing. "I don't even know how to stop you," he gives in and raised his pinky. "One day. Just one day, Choi Soobin."

Soobin smiles and intertwine their pinkies. "I promise."

Hueningkai is actually worried, he knows Soobin's capacity in terms of lucid dreaming but given Soobin's situation, there's no certainty in what will happen.

Soobin went back to the hospital to talk to Dr. Kim and to meet Yeonjun's friends so they can talk about the matter. "You said there's no brainwaves recorded, right?" Soobin ask the physician.

"Right," he agreed.

"So it means there's no REM happening. He's really wandering somewhere then," Soobin sighs and fixed his eyes to the patient. "I wonder where he has gone..."

"Yes, normally, we'll go through four stages as we sleep and fall into N3 then REM but since he's coma, there's really not...You're our last resort, Soobin. Please, take him back to us," Dr. Kim pleaded and Soobin turn around to see his pleading face.