Chapter 3: There You Are

“Soobin! Soobin! Wake up!”

Hueningkai holds Soobin’s hand and keeps on shaking him until Soobin opens his eyes and their eyes locked. Soobin’s panting in silence as if he runs for miles. He takes a seat and then took out his coin, Kai’s just looking at him in worried.

Soobin throws it up and when in landed on his hands, “Crown,” he muttered and Kai pulled him for a hug that made Soobin laughs at his mind.

“Hey! I’m so fucking nervous! I’ve been waking you up for minutes! This is why I don’t want you to accept that offer!” Kai whines, almost sounds crying.

“I’m alive,” Soobin replied and taps the younger so he’ll let go of him. “Hey, don’t you trust me?” Soobin asks.

“I don’t trust your dreams!” Kai shoots back.

“It’s my dream, Kai… I can control it,” Soobin stated and totally gets up.

“You can’t control that man,” Kai muttered that made Soobin stops from walking, referring to the man who always wanted to kill him.

“Right… because he’s inevitable,” Soobin agreed and totally went out of their room.

Soobin takes a seat on the floor with a piece of coupon bond on the table. Kai takes a seat across him and he already knows what Soobin’s going to do. Soobin grip the pencil and started sketching the structure of his last dream.

“Did you find it?” Kai asks.

The sound of lead brushing through the paper is the only answer Kai got from Soobin. He’s quiet and he’s immersed to what he’s doing. He’s taking things more serious than any request. He keeps on sketching as much as how he can remember everything.

“He’s here,” Soobin finally said after almost half an hour and encircle a certain place.

“Are you sure about that?” Kai asks and looks at the building where the circle is. “How are you sure about it?”

“Just,” Soobin replied. “Ah, Kai, can you look when will be the next eclipse? Then tell me about it,” he stated.

“Eclipse? O-okay,” Hueningkai just agreed even if he’s confused. “You’re really going to do this?” he asks again.

“No backing out… I’m going to find him no matter what.”

Inside several days, Soobin conditioned himself. He knew this is not gonna be the usual lucid dream he’s going to do. This is not just like the others where he’s going to meet some spirit and then give some message. This is not just like the others that he’s going to take revenge for others sake.

This is different. This is dangerous.

Choi Soobin knows it exactly but he doesn’t have any choice. He should do this or he’ll die. He still has so much to do, he wanted to do more and he can’t end his life just like this.

Soobin walks inside the Hybe Medical University Hospital, he pauses when he saw a tarpaulin hanging on the railings. It’s about a partnership of Choi Group and some charity works. Soobin well known it’s because of election.

“I want my bed beside him,” Soobin requested in front of Dr. Kim.

“If it’ll make things more easier then so be it,” Dr. Kim approved right away. “Please, save him. Please take him back,” he pleaded.

“I’ll do my best,” Soobin replied still in his usual blunt voice.

The hospital staffs started to move another bed inside Yeonjun’s room beside his. They prepared some IV fluids for Soobin as well because of his condition. Soobin placed the purple paper plane underneath the pillow he’s going to use.

“Are you sure you can go up to three days? Isn’t it too much for you?” Dr. Park asks while preparing some vials on a tray.

“Then just wake me up. Kai knows when,” Soobin replied and went up to his bed.

“Soob, for the last time. Are you really going to do this?” Hueningkai asks.

Soobin smiles which he rarely do. “I told you not to worry, right? I won’t die,” he assured.

“Stop talking about dying!” Kai snapped and Soobin chuckles.

“Is this final?” Dr. Park asks, holding an IV line while waiting for Soobin’s answer.

Soobin laid back and when he feels comfortable, he answers. “Yes, I’m ready.”

“I’ll insert the IV line now,” Dr. Park informs and Soobin flinched a bit when he felt the needle on his forearm. “I’ll inject the sedative now, you’ll be asleep for three days… Good luck, Choi Soobin.”

“Wake up if you needed, okay?” Kai reminds and holds Soobin’s hand.

Soobin feels his eyelids are getting heavy but he still smiles. “Wait for me…” and his sight went blurry and blacked.

“Tails…” Soobin muttered when the coin landed on his hand. “I’m really in a dream now,” he added and started walking, remembering where the place he should go.

As he walks he hears some laughter that made him pause but he didn’t looked at it. He suddenly feels his heart beating in abnormal pace but he didn’t mind it and just continued walking until the sounds of happiness faded around him.

“It should be around here,” he whispered and continued walking. He then felt an eerie atmosphere from where he’s standing. He looks up and then noticed the sky is gloomier than it always is. The wind is also colder than usual. He keeps on observing and that’s the only changes he can see for now.

He continued walking while thinking why the man, Choi Yeonjun gets stuck inside his dream. If he’s a lucid dreamer too then why he chose to stay in his dream knowing it won’t cause any good?

Soobin started playing with his coin and keeps on throwing it up while his other hand is inside his jacket’s pocket. He throws it up again and was about to catch it when something— no, someone bumps at him and when he looks back everything stops.

The coin is still in mid-air and Soobin’s surprise by how the surroundings started to change. People. There are people, greens around him, a lively city, cars, even animals, and the gloomy skies started to become peach as if it's time for sunset but everything is on pause.

Soobin knows exactly where he is.

He reached the coin but before he could totally hold it, a movement grabs his attention. A purple paper plane flying above, he looks around and that’s when he saw where it came from.

Blacked-hair, tall guy, wearing a white loose longsleeves and even white pants as well as shoes. He folds another paper and turns it into a plane then he shoots it up and looks at Soobin’s direction. They are the only ones that are moving. There are hundred people around them that are on pause and their eyes are locked with each other.

Soobin finally grabs the coin that’s on the hair while not breaking the eye contact to the guy then everything moves again but it feels like they are the only ones that are in there. The guy smiles at him, the brightest smile Soobin ever witnessed after so long.

“There you are, Choi Yeonjun. I finally found you.”