Pt.16 Ratings

"Where's the oranges?!" Erica shouts from the kitchen.

"Somewhere in the fridge, like all the way in the back!" Lucas shouts back from the couch in the livingroom.

"No, those are the actual oranges! Where's the tangerines!"

Tangerines are better than oranges. Fight me.

"Oh, those are in the freezer!"

"The freezer?!" Erica makes a weirded out face. "Why the hell..."

"Language, Erica!"

"Just the facts!"

"No, that's just your opinion!" Lucas mocks her voice.

"Why would you even put them in the freezer?" Erica walks into the livingroom holding one of the oddly cold tangerines.

"Because I prefer them that way." He says, not looking at her but continuing to play his game he brought over from home.

"Well I don't prefer them that way? Ever think about that?"

"Nope." Lucas shakes his head. "Just put a few on the counter to defrost, and some in the fridge." He recommends.

Erica is about to say something when she stops, "Okay." She nods before turning around and walking back into the kitchen, really no reason for fighting with him over it.

Danny jumps down the stairs, "Hola!"

"Hey," Lucas turns his attention to him. "You speak Spanish?"

"Mmm...somewhat."

"Oh forreal? Tell me something in Spanish." He requests.

"Uhm..." Danny thinks for a moment before speaking. "eh, ¿quieres revisar esas fotos que tomamos de Max? ¿Para ver si pasó algo?"

Lucas' face lights up. "Holly Jolly dude!" He mimics the voice of a white guy. "That's cool as hell. Whatchu' say?"

"I asked if you wanted to check up on the photos we took of Max yesterday." Danny translates. "To see if anything happened."

"Are you sure?" Lucas squints his eyes at him. "How do I know that you didn't just cuss me out?"

"Because I can verify." Erica walks back into the livingroom.

"Eh," Lucas remembers. "I forgot you were a Spanish nerd."

"I'm not a nerd nerd." She shakes her head.

"We all have some nerdiness in us." Lucas shrugs. "And yours is Spanish."

"Cool, you can speak it too?" Danny asks.

"Yep." Erica nods.

"Yeah, sometimes she'll tell me something in Spanish. And since I can't comprehend what she's saying, she could potentially be cussing me out all the time." Lucas smiles. "Just in Spanish."

Danny laughs. "Eres bueno, ¿eh?" -you're good, huh?

Erica smiles. "Sí, es gracioso decir cosas en español y él no las comprende." -Yes, it's funny to say things in Spanish and he doesn't understand them.

"Es divertido trollearlo, ¿no?" -its fun to troll him, isn't it?

"Je, todo el tiempo. La mayoría de las veces también me salgo con la mía, ya sabes. Como mi madre no sabe español tanto como mi padre, puedo salirme con la mía mientras él no está." -Heh, all the time. Most of the time I get away with it too, you know. Since my mother doesn't know Spanish as much as my father, I can get away with it while he's gone.