1-Snap Crackle Pop!

"Penelope, could you please be a doll and close up today?" Mrs. Holiday pulled her large bag onto her shoulder. "My son is having a bit of a problem with Jax and I told him I'd come help." She smiled sweetly at me as she walked out of the back room.

"Of course, Mrs. Holiday. You go enjoy your grand baby." I stuck my finger in the book I was reading and waved my free hand in the air to gesture for her to leave.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure no one is in here anymore. But I would check before you go." She sort of whisper-yelled. Everything she ever said was a whisper. Even I was beginning to do that.

I've worked at the library ever since I turned 15. Heck, I pretty much lived here when I was even younger than that. I had grown so accustomed to everything there and it was basically a second home.

I put a book mark in my book and set it down on the front desk. "Is anybody in here?!" I yelled. The public library was quite large and it wouldn't be a surprise if someone was in here without anyone knowing.

Suddenly, I heard a loud thump and a curse word being shouted followed by quiet laughter. My head immediately snapped in the direction of it. I grabbed a flashlight that Mrs. Holiday had stored away in the front desk and made my way to the back of the library.

It wasn't that it was dark or anything, it's just that I needed something to hit someone over the head with if it happened to be a thief. I slowly went through the isles, listening before looking. Then, I heard the whispers.

I immediately stopped in my tracks and pulled the flashlight up to my chest. I was scared out of my mind and I didn't know what to do. I pressed my back to one of the bookshelves and listened closely to the voices.

"God, shut up for once Dean!" Someone whisper-yelled. Then another said, "Dude, we're gonna get caught if both of you don't shut up." I almost audibly groaned but I refrained from doing that. That made three. Three boys.

I whimpered to myself and tried to make a decision. Was I going to try to hit one of them or was I going to just confront them? No way. What if they had weapons? What if they intended to hurt me?

So, I did not think... I just acted. I lifted my flashlight above my head and smacked it down as hard as I could on who ever had the nearest head.

A loud groan rang through the library followed by, of course, a whole lot of words that I choose not to say. I almost dropped the flashlight when I realized who they were.

"Snap, crackle, pop, I am soooooo sorry." This time I did drop it and covered my mouth with my hand. Mainly because I was terrified of them. It was Jonas and his friends. Jonas was Melody's boyfriend and Melody is one of my best friends.

The one I had hit on the head was Adam, and he was bad news. The other two were sitting there, not saying a word. They both looked like they trying really hard to hold in their laughter.

"Oh my God, are you okay? I didn't know that... it... Wait, why are you guys in the library? Like at all?"

I had to admit they absolutely terrified me, but ever since Melody became Jonas' girlfriend they had been around more. And Blake and I hated it.

Blake was my other best friend. He has a boyfriend as well, his name is Fredrick. So, yeah, I was the only one in my group of friends without a boyfriend.... Don't judge me.

Dean smiled semi-sweetly at me, "We were just wanting to get some late night reading in." I rolled my eyes knowing that that was complete malarkey.

"Shut up, dim-wit. We were gonna trash the place when you left." Jonas said truthfully, smiling as he did. It amazes me how proud they were of their bad behavior, all of them were.

"Well, I busted ya. So leave." I swiped my hand towards the exit and Adam just stared at me.

"You aren't going to address my wound?" He said dramatically holding his head.

I groaned and forced them to get up, "No. I'm not, you're fine." I pushed all of them towards the exit.

And, at the same time, they stopped in the middle of their tracks, making it in incredibly hard to look tough and push them out the door. I pressed into Adam and Dean's back, trying to make Jonas go with them.

"I could sue you for this you know?" Adam said nonchalantly.

"I'm pretty sure that isn't true at all Mr. Clifton, so PLEASE get out of my library." I had turned around at this point and was pushing against them with my back.

He just laughed and patted Dean on the back, and suddenly I was on my butt. They had snatched themselves away so that the support I had was gone, making me fall straight down.

As they jogged out of the library laughing, I turned around, "YOU'LL RUE THE DAY.... AND I'M TELLING MELODY!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, feeling angry and violated. I don't understand what it was that was so interesting about trashing the public library. It had already happened once this year...

What jerks!