Bailey

The drive to the beach was perfect. It was the first time we'd gone to the beach, or even swam for that matter, since we left Honolulu.

"Mama, who's this friend were gonna meet there?" I ask, looking outside the window.

"Carolyn. She was my best friend since high school. Don't you remember her?" She answers looking down at her phone. I had only remembered her bouncy blonde curly hair, and that was all about it. "Not even Bailey? You two were inseparable every time The Brooks would come over. Remember that one summer they would visit, and you two were running around topless on the beach." She says chuckling. I also remembered that back when we still lived in LA when I was 5 years old, Carolyn and mom would drop one of us at each other's houses when one of them was busy. "You were balling your eyes out when we had to move to Honolulu when you were saying goodbye to Bailey."

"No, I don't remember." I should probably mention that I actually had lived in LA before. It was where my parents met, and where I was born. We had lived there until I was 5 years old, but then My dad had another job opportunity which was in Honolulu.

Once we arrived at the beach, we walked on the pier where Carolyn told mom to meet her. There were energetic kids running around the boardwalk, and old couples sitting on benches overlooking the ocean. The sun was blazing hot and I felt like my eyes were getting burnt from looking for Carolyn.

"There she is!" Says my mom, pointing at the distance. She sped-walked to a lady who was smiling brightly who was also walking to her. My mom and Carolyn finally made contact and hugged each other tightly. They exchanged excited words and Carolyn greeted my dad who was greeting Micheal, Carolyn's husband. Finally, Carolyn turned to me.

"Sandra!!! Oh I Haven't seen you in ages! You're beautiful! She is beautiful Jules!" She says to my mother. Carolyn hugs me tightly, but then pushes me off, her hands on my shoulders. "Bailey! Where is he? I swear that-"

"I'm here I'm here!" Says a faint voice from behind her. Carolyn turns around and a tall boy is smiling down with ice cream cones in his hands.

"Bailey, I told you to wait till Jules got here!" Carolyn says taking the cone from his hand. Bailey had grown surprisingly taller than last time I saw him, which was when we were seven, but that doesn't count. He had shaggy light brown hair that almost looked like it was blonde, and he was shirtless.

"Sandie!" He yells picking me up from the ground, hugging me twirling me in the sky.

"Bailey!" I yell back once he places me back on the ground. "You're wet!" I say laughing flicking water from his tanned body from my hands. He chuckles and shakes his head violently making his wet hair sprinkle all over me. I laugh and push him away from his shoulder. At this point the parents were already catching up with each other walking away.

"Dude you're so tall." I say to Bailey following behind them.

"And you're so short." He reply's crossing his arms. "Would've expected you to grow at least a bit taller."

"Shut up" I say shaking my head. He smiles and yells, "Hey dad could I go back to the beach?!" Micheal waves him off and Bailey turns to me and says, "Race ya slow!"

"You're already running!" I yell to a sprinting boy infront of me.

"Which is why I'm gonna wiiinnnnnn!"