Nine

Like the last time he left mysteriously and left no trace behind. She had grown tired of waking up with him gone.

The knock on the door broke her out of her thoughts as she marched there.

" What?!" She yelled the moment she opened the door.

" Egypt have some manners." William spoke standing on there.

" Sorry." She found herself apologizing.

"I expected better anyways I brought stylists with me to prepare you for meeting my parents."  Flat voice monotone.

" I can do my own makeup."

" Really because you're looking like a cat soaked in the rain nowadays plus you're getting a little chubby, heavens forbid my parents see you with your piggy appearance." He laughed and she wanted to yell at him, to scream at him but she kept quiet. " What is this?" He said looking at the hotel prototype.

" A model for a project I'm working on." She turned around looking at him and he exploded into laughter.

" This garbage I hope this isn't what you plan on presenting. I plan you stop working after we get married so with that said." He took the model and stepped on it and Egypt went livid.

" Why are you doing that? Stop!" She pushed him off the remains as he stood in front of her. "We both know you were never good at architecture anyway, mainly why I employed you. To spare myself from embarrassment of how stupid my wife is. At least you're pretty." He said walking into the kitchen as she kneeled  looking at the mess, it reminded her of all the things she had to let go of, her dreams all to be married to him.

She wanted to kill him, to scream, yell, shout and rage at him, yell profanities till her lungs give out but she didn't. Instead she stood up and said in a small voice somewhat a whisper. " Get out."

" What'd you say?" He spoke placing the glass he had been drinking from on the counter.

" Get out of my house!" She yelled at him and he rolled his eyes.

" Obviously you can't handle the truth so I'll come back later when you've stopped acting crazy so we can talk like normal human beings." With no regret whatsoever he left her apartment as she started fixing her model and trying to bring it back to life. Hours flew by, this meeting was in two days and she worked on it bringing glue to cardboard as her mind added more ideas to the initial one and she found herself forgetting about the cruel words William said as time went on.

Tap tap tap

The knock sounded three times and she knew it was him, this was their unspoken rule.

" Come in." She said shining a table lamp over the model as she used tweezers to add windows.

His walked towards her and watched her without greeting.

" I don't think he meant it." She found herself blurting out the words and he scoffed.

" He wrecked the project you spend days making?" he read her like a book and he didn't like what he saw.

She nodded.

" Why?"

" I don't have a reason to fight, this has been my life with him I know nothing different, so what's the use in fighting?" He stared at her and sighed.

" I'll find him." He stood up walking towards the entrance and she ran after him stopping him.

" You cannot do anything to him please don't hurt him." She begged.

" Like hell I can't." He scoffed. "I am going to break those glasses of his, break every bone on his body then tie him to my car and drag him on the streets then use his head as a chandelier ."

" I don't think that's going to help, but thank you for offering." She stood in front of him and he stepped closer, his breath fanning her ear as he spoke inhaling her scent.

" One of these days I'm going to do something to him." His nose gently grazing her neck as his hands were on either side of her body and she found herself running out of oxygen between her quick breaths and her pounding heart.

" For now stay with me." She closed her eyes as his head rested on the nape of her neck and she took in his scent, for once he didn't smell like whiskey, her lips were centimeters away from his neck as she stared at the tattoo holding on for dear life.

"Get out of these pyjamas we're going somewhere." He ordered his voice authoritative.

" Where?" Despite her foggy mind she found herself asking as he pulled away.

" Wherever the road takes us." He smiled, his dimpled breathtaking gorgeous smile. It was perfect the most beautiful thing she had ever seen she almost said wow before walking off and coming back with charcoal jeans and a black hoodie with boots.