Chapter 19

They're finally going to Korea! We're so thrilled! Here's a romantic chapter for you guys 💜💛Hope you enjoy!

______

Lying on the floor of the studio, Jeff remembers the last time he was there in a similar position. He was so distressed by the idea of not being with Barcode anymore and so confused about what to do that he spent hours staring at the ceiling without being able to complete a single thought.

When he turns his head, this time he finds the other there. Lying on his side, his head on top of his own folded arm, he looks at Jeff with a slight smile on his lips. They're still quite close, one of Barcode's legs draped over one of his and his arm wrapped around Jeff, keeping him close. It doesn't even look like they just had sex again, right there on the floor, with how serene he looks. Jeff can't say the same for himself, because he is still breathing heavily and moaning softly as he tries to move his legs.

"I'm wrecked." Jeff laughs lightly as he closes his eyes, giving up on moving and relaxing his body again.

He feels Barcode's hand caress his waist and hears him chuckle too.

"Phi has two options: slow down or practice more."

Jeff can't hold it when he hears the comment and lets out a loud laugh, groaning again when he moves too much.

"I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with you like this. I'm close to becoming an old man, you know."

"Oi! Are you giving up already?" Barcode raises his eyebrows.

Jeff laughs again, moving his neck and stretching a little, only then remembering the lace choker still there. He unties it slowly and holds it up in front of his eyes.

"You said you borrowed it, but I don't think we're going to return it." With a crooked smile, Jeff looks at him. "If that's what made you act like this..."

Barcode gets closer, leaving a light kiss on his shoulder.

"P'Jeff knows that wasn't it." He whispers and Jeff laughs, trying again to turn towards him. In vain, because his body still doesn't allow him to do it. "See? I say we practice more." He places another kiss this time on Jeff's cheek.

Still with a tender smile, Jeff turns his face and pecks his lips. And every time he has the opportunity to look at him from such distance—or any other, really—Jeff remembers to thank the universe for putting them in each other's path.

"Phi didn't even notice what you said earlier, did you?" Barcode says softly, breaking the silence.

"What I said?" Jeff frowns a little, watching him nod. "What did I say?"

The other chuckles.

"Is this where an exhausted boyfriend is being requested?" Barcode mimics his tone.

Raising his eyebrows, Jeff ends up laughing a little, looking away momentarily before returning to him.

"So?" Jeff asks with an amused smile on his lips, watching Barcode shrug as a pout forms on his. "Oh, you don't want to be my boyfriend yet, I get it."

"I didn't say that!" Barcode says a little too fast and Jeff starts laughing even more.

As expected, the younger man pushes him away, punching his shoulder. This only makes the older one giggle even more at the reaction.

"No! Come here!" Jeff starts to sit down to pull him close. It's at that moment that, in addition to his body aching, he is stricken with a cramp in the back of one of his thighs and falls back onto his back laughing even harder, if that's possible. "Barcode!" He calls in the midst of laughter as he holds his own leg.

The boy soon seems to understand what is happening and holds him lying down, starting to laugh too. Jeff keeps looking at Barcode while having his laugh fit, and he doesn't know at what moment the muscle ache subsides, but the laughter remains.

He can't remember the last time he had such a fit, his eyes watering and his body going limp. In the middle of it, Jeff pulls the younger one close and rolls over slowly, lying on his side with his legs intertwined with Barcode's. The laughter, as silly as it is, almost stops a few times, but then returns. When he can no longer keep drying his own eyes and starts to see Barcode blurred because of the tears, Jeff voices what's in his chest in the most genuine way he could.

"I love you and would love for you to be my boyfriend."

The laughter finally dies down as Jeff wipes his face, a smile still on his lips. In front of him, the younger man also has eyes shining with tears. He comes closer and nuzzles Jeff's face.

"I love P'Jeff and I'd love to be your boyfriend."

His nose crinkled with satisfaction, Jeff feels that this is the best sound that has ever reached his ears. Barcode's voice saying he loves Jeff.

Their lips meet in a long, tight peck. And they don't need to go beyond that. They don't need anything else, really.

Jeff welcomes the younger man into his arms as he holds him around the waist and settles his head onto his shoulder. He doesn't know how long he stays there with Barcode, staring at the ceiling of the studio that now looks more like the sky.