Chapter II

(A/N: Okay so this is the chapter that starts following the events of the movie, so as a friendly reminder please watch the third movie (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) before reading further. Thank You and Enjoy!) 

 We boarded the train a few stops before Platform 9 3/4 at Kings cross Station where all the other students would be boarding the train, so the train was pretty empty for the first bit of the ride. I almost couldn't believe my eyes as the train zoomed along the tracks. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking. I hate to admit it but I'm kind of happy Sirius Black escaped, if he hadn't I wouldn't be on my way to Hogwarts at all right now. My thoughts were interrupted when a voice came over the intercom. 

"Next Stop: Kings Cross station, Platform 9 3/4" 

"Uncle Remus we are almost-" I cut myself off as I looked over to my uncle who had fallen asleep. 

I smiled to myself and figured now would be a good time to sneak off to use the washroom. I silently crept out the cart we were sharing and went to find the washroom. I hate to admit it but I kind of got lost on the way there and back. I have a terrible sense of direction so I ended up wandering quite a bit. I had almost made it back to the right cart, I think, after all the others had filled up with students when the train came to an abrupt halt. We can't be there yet I thought to myself. The lights flickered before going out completely. I shivered as the train go really cold and I felt every ounce of joy I had slip away. I breathed out and could see my breath. I froze as a large cloaked figure began floating toward me. It stopped and turned and began to open the door to the cart I assumed my uncle was in. Next thing I saw was a bight blue light and the cloaked creature was gone. I ran over to the cart to find my uncle standing up with his wand out and three other passengers in the cabin. 

 After the incident I found out that the creature we saw was a dementor, one of the guards of Azkaban. It was searching the train for Sirius Black. The three other passengers I met in my cart were Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley, and none other than the boy who lived himself, Harry Potter. The poor boy had fainted but my uncle gave him a bit of chocolate to feel better. I got to know the three a bit better during the rest of the ride to the school. 

 "So you're starting as a third year? Do you have any magic knowledge yet?" Hermione asked curiously. 

 "Yea, my uncle homeschooled me up until now. He's taught me a lot of spells, charms, and a lot about magical creatures. I've also read at least one book on probably every magical subject." I answered smiling. 

 "What house do you think you'll be sorted into? We're all in Gryffindor." Ron stated. 

 "Well you see I'm not quite sure, but I'm sure the sorting hat will place me in the perfect house to enhance and grow." I responded with excitement. 

 "What was that spell Professor Lupin casted to make the dementor go away?" Harry asked after being mostly silent. 

 "That was a Patronus charm, it's incredibly hard to master but it's also very powerful." I answered. 

 The rest of the train ride was filled with a bit of small talk and any questions I had about the school the three were able to answer for me. I honestly just couldn't wait to get to the school. I was excited for everything. The classes, the dorms, making new friends. I figured it might be a challenge keeping my secret but this was going to totally be worth it. We had finally arrived at the school and it was even more amazing in person. The school was built like a castle. I knew for a fact that I was definitely going to get lost in the school. It was huge and I couldn't even make a guess to how much square feet the grounds covered. 

 Uncle Remus and I separated from the students to meet with professor Dumbledore before the opening ceremonies started up. Dumbledore explained that I would be sorted after all the first years. Great, so I would be completely singled out. I began to mentally prepare and before I knew it my time had come. I waited silently outside the doors of the great hall for my name to be called. 

 "Before we end the sorting ceremony we have one more student to sort. She is joining us starting as a third year student and I expect you all to make her feel welcome and at home. Without anything further please welcome (Y/n) Pierce." Dumbledore announced. 

 The doors to the great hall opened and immediately all eyes were on me. I noticed a few people mumble stuff to their friends as I walked towards the end of the hall where there sat a stool and beside stood a friendly yet stern looking woman. In her hand she held the sorting hat. I nervously sat down on the stool and the sorting hate was placed onto my head. There was a moment of silence before it started speaking. 

 "Ah! Hmm, very interesting. I'm sensing kindness and loyalty. Very dedicated aren't you? So much potential and room to grow and improve. Where to put you? Hmm better be.......HUFFLEPUFF!" The sorting announced loudly. 

 The Hufflepuff house erupted with applause and cheers and I watched my robes magically transform into the Hufflepuff uniform. I stood up and walked over to the Hufflepuff table and sat down. I looked over to my uncle and saw him smiling at me, at least he's not disappointed, my parents would have been. Classes start tomorrow, I honestly couldn't wait. After I got to my dorm room I set a picture of me and my uncle on my nightstand and unfortunately had a night filled with nightmares. 

(A/N: Okay chapter 2 is finished. Feedback is always welcome and don't worry. We will be seeing our Dear Draco in the next chapter! thanks for reading!)