Chapter I

(A/N: Please watch the third movie before reading the next couple chapters because the first bit of this story will be mostly following the third movie. Thank You and Enjoy!) 

 I stared out the window as the rain poured down from the sky. I sighed and took another sip of the (favorite tea) tea I was drinking and set the cup down on the window ledge. I heard the door open and close and ran to greet my uncle. I stood by the entrance of the hallway and peeked around the corner, a smile creeping onto my face when my eyes met his. 

 "Uncle Remus! How did your meeting go?" I asked curiously. 

 He had told me before he left that he had a very important business meeting to attend to today. 

 "Well it went rather well I'd say. Professor Dumbledore has asked me to fill in as defense against the dark arts teacher this year, at Hogwarts." He said looking at me expectantly. 

 My eyes lit up and my smile got so much wider. I had always wanted to attend Hogwarts and hated being homeschooled. My parents had left me in the care of Remus Lupin when I was very young and he took it upon himself to teach me about spells and charms and such. I'm not blood related but he was still like an uncle to me, and the only family I ever knew. My parents left me with him in hopes that he could help me control my "condition" seeing as we shared it. Who better to raise a werewolf than another werewolf right? My parents couldn't raise me anyways, they had been locked up in Azkaban Prison for the last 12 years of my life. 

 "Oh please take me with you!" I exclaimed. 

 "Absolutely not. It's far too risky." He responded walking away from me. 

 "But Uncle Remus, you know how much I've always wanted to go to Hogwarts, please!" I pleaded. 

 "(Y/n), the answer is no. Even me being there will be a risk, I won't be able to teach and make sure you're safe at the same time." He said shaking his head. 

 That was the end of that conversation. I'm 13 not a little kid anymore and we had potions that kept us sane after the transformation. I went up to my room and pulled a book off my shelf to read, Hogwarts A History. A small smile stayed on my lips while I read and imagined my uncle being able to experience all the wonders the school could offer. I only wished there was something that could change his mind about taking me with him, little did I know that exactly that was going to happen. 

 About a week before school would start my uncle approached me and asked to have a word with me. 

 "(Y/n), I would like you to pack your things. Current events have made it nearly impossible to leave you alone." Remus said handing me a newspaper. 

 I looked at the newspaper curiously wondering what changed his mind and I noticed almost instantly as I read the headline. 'Mass Murderer Sirius Black On The Loose'.  

 "Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban? Did anyone else break out?" I asked a bit worried. 

 "No, but I think it would be safer if you came with me after all. I've already arranged with Professor Dumbledore that you will be enrolled. You'll be sorted and attending classes like every other student." He said as I tried to contain my excitement. 

 I was kind of freaking out on the inside since my dream was coming true, not exactly under the best circumstances but still. Before another word was said I was in my room packing up my trunk. I honestly couldn't wait to attend the school and I definitely couldn't wait to see which house I was going to be sorted into. In just under a week we'd be boarding the train to Hogwarts! This trip would be the most exciting trip of my life......so far. 

(A/N: Shorter introduction chapter. Next ones will be longer!)