Chapter VII

(A/N: Just a reminder I will try to update every Wednesday or Thursday depending on my work schedule. I hope you are prepared for chapter seven!)

 I walked into my uncle's class the next morning with Tayla by my side. She insisted on carrying my books to class for me since we had this class together anyways. I told her she didn't have to but then she kept reminding me that I had to take it easy while my leg finished healing. I still had my leg bandaged up to keep the marks hidden, I didn't want anyone else to ask what happened. We approached a large cabinet that had three mirrors on the front if it and with that, class begun. 

 "Who can tell me what that is?" Lupin asked gesturing towards the cabinet. 

 "That's a boggart." One student answered. 

 "Can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?" He then asked. 

 "No one knows." I simply stated. 

 "Boggarts are shapeshifters, they take the form of whatever a particular person fears most that's what makes them so-" Hermione began but was cut off by Lupin. 

 "So terrifying yes. However a simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now, without wands please. Riddikulus!" He said to the class. 

 The class repeated the spell back to him. We all chanted the spell a couple more times. I turned when I heard a voice softly speak. 

 "This class is ridiculous." Draco said to his friends. 

 I turned and as our eyes met I could have sworn his face softened, even it was just for a moment. 

 Everyone lined up and I couldn't wait to see what everyone feared most. For Neville it was Professor Snape, who looked hilarious in old lady clothes might I add. Ron was afraid of spiders but not when their on roller skates. One girl was afraid of snakes but not a jack in the box. Tayla was up next and I was standing right behind her. I was so ready to see what she feared most, but I was not expecting what we had to come face to face with. The large jack in the box whirled and morphed into a werewolf. Tayla froze as fear filled her eyes and she dropped her wand as the werewolf lunged forward. Tayla shrieked and I jumped in front of her. The werewolf transformed into a full moon. I held up my wand. 

 "Riddikulus." I said firmly. 

 The moon transformed into a balloon and was sent back into the cabinet. With that class was dismissed. I turned to Tayla was now on the floor in shock. I looked over to my uncle with a sad and worried look in my eyes. After seeing that, keeping our secret has become more important than ever. 

 The rest of the week flew by and Tayla was back to her normal cheery self. I didn't talk to her about the incident because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Today was Saturday and I was on my way to my uncle's office. I got to the door and knocked. I heard him call to come in form the other side. 

 "(Y/n)! Happy Birthday!" My uncle said as I came in. 

 "Thank you, and thank you for agreeing to have lunch with me." I said as I sat down next to him. 

 "Well of course, we've always spent your birthday together. How's your friend?" He asked. 

 "Tayla? She's a lot better. I think she just got really scared. Uncle Remus...is that really how people view us? Are we just big scary monsters?" I asked with sadness in my voice.  

 "(Y/n) our condition is not something we have control over. We were both attacked and our potion prevents us from becoming that monster that people fear. Now enough about that, I have a little gift for you." He said carefully grabbing a little box. 

 I smiled at him and my eyes fell on the box he was holding. 

 "What is it?" I asked eagerly. 

 "Well open the box and find out." He said smiling. 

 I lifted the lid off the box and my eyes widened as I was met with the most adorable black kitten I had ever seen. He was fully black with bright blue eyes. 

 "Oh Uncle Remus, he's perfect!" I said almost in tears because of how happy I was. 

 "You didn't have a pet to bring with you so I figured this little guy would be a nice gift for your birthday." He said as he handed me the small cat. 

 "I don't know what to say other than.....thank you so much." I said as the little cat crawled up my shirt and perched itself on my shoulder. 

 "Now make sure you think of a name for the little guy." My uncle said as he chuckled at the cat. 

 "I think I'm going to call him Jynx." I said and the cat licked my cheek. 

 "I think he likes that name." My uncle said and clipped a little blue collar around his neck. 

 We finished lunch and I spent the rest of the day doing some shopping for cat supplies. I even got Jynx a collar tag with his name on it. He didn't leave my shoulder once, I'm surprised he's so well behaved. I took him back to my room and showed him to Tayla. For someone who isn't an animal person she sure pet him a lot. My uncle really came through and made me feel really special this year. 

(A/N: That concludes chapter seven! Comments are appreciated.)