Steam and Bubbles

"What are you doing?" Nines asked as he entered Gavin's bathroom wearing a black bathrobe, and nothing else. Gavin was still in his new clothes, kneeling on the tiled floor with his good hand in the slowly rising water, which was letting off so much steam the room felt like a sauna. It seemed he was finally satisfied with the temperature as he turned off the water and activated the jets below the surface. The water began to shift and bubble in a way Nines was sure would be pleasing to sore human muscles. It was just what Gavin needed after the week they'd had.

"I promised, remember? A bath! The only one I have is in my bathroom though," Gavin replied as he stood up and began removing his own clothes. "Go ahead and get in." Nines was hesitant as he slipped the robe off his shoulders, revealing flawless, freckled skin and toned muscles. Gavin couldn't help the way his lower body reacted to that, twitching to life as greedy green eyes roved down Nines' back. He was slim, but beautifully sculpted right down to his pert ass and toned legs. He watched Nines fold the robe and leave it on the large sink before he walked over to the large stone steps. Cyberlife had certainly put a lot of work into musculature. The artificial muscles jostled exactly as expected with each step.

Realising he was staring, and stopping his eyes before they honed in on anything they really shouldn't, Gavin returned his attention to his own clothing. He was already out of his sling, shoulder already throbbing in objection. Putting that aside, he tugged his shirt off and unwound the bandages. He looked at the angry red hole in the mirror before moving down to examine the painful red rings on his wrists. He was a little conscious of removing his pants and boxers. He could feel Nines watching. He closed his eyes, nervous as he felt his cock twitch at the attention.

"How is it?" he asked as he walked over, covering himself with one hand and hoping Nines didn't notice his half hard shaft. Nines was sitting straight as ever in the bath, allowing the jets to push water against his back and legs. Gavin joined him, opting to sit along the wall facing the stairs, while Nines sat on the bench to the right.

"The temperature is satisfactory, and the jets will help loosen your tense muscles." That wasn't really the response he'd been hoping for, but he knew Nines didn't feel things the way he did. He hoped he could at least appreciate the gesture. He didn't seem so uncomfortable now that they were both submerged. They washed slowly, sharing the shower products Gavin kept on the ledge. Nines seemed to enjoy that. Gavin wasn't sure if it was the smell or the sensation of slick soap on his skin, but he looked content as he stroked and lathered his body. Gavin ducked beneath the water as he rinsed his hair, coming up to find Nines watching him intently. His hair didn't really need to be washed, since it was synthetic and didn't produce oils the way his own did, but he still followed his lead. It was the first time Gavin had seen him without that curl on his forehead.

"Feeling better?" Gavin asked finally, quietly enjoying the bubbles that whirled across his skin. His legs were almost floating above the jets. It hurt his shoulder a little, but in a good way. The water had stung his raw wrists to begin with, but it had dulled to a slight ache now. There was a sore patch on his head, but it was barely noticeable unless he touched it. He could feel Nines staring at him and looked across at his predictably guilty expression. "Talk to me," he murmured, tapping Nines' foot with his own beneath the surface.

Why aren't you angry? I just stood there and watched as you were taken away by an unknown assailant. He didn't speak. His neck muscles looking tight as he signed, holding his hands above the bubbling surface. Gavin sighed, wondering if there was anything he could do or say to ease his unwarranted guilt. It wasn't his fault. He'd had no way of knowing if Chloe was serious when she'd aimed the gun at his head. He hadn't even been a hundred percent sure.

"Because I know you tried your best. I called, and you came running. You took a phcking bullet for me, Nines. I know the only reason you didn't step in was because you were worried about me. I had a gun against my head! We both know I'm not bulletproof. Any human officer would have acted the same way." He was pretty sure Chris, Tina, or even Hank would have hesitated upon seeing the android pressing a gun against his temple. At a push, Hank's experience may have led to him trying something, but he couldn't know that for sure. With the RT600's reflexes, he probably wouldn't have had much luck anyway.