4: Meeting; settling dust

Their on-foot travel to the Konoha took them several hours because neither of the too were eager to rush into the village.

Naruto listened to his Papa instructing him again and again about do's and don't's of his stay at the village.

“… Ignore anyone and everyone who tries to antagonize you. Don't take the bait, maintain the calm rationality you've been taught and brought up with. Keep you mind open and observe...“

Naruto nodded along.

“... I've sent a letter to the Third Hokage of the village and to the head of the clan you will be staying with ahead of time. So, you don't have to worry, I'll drop you stay for a bit, get you...“

After a pause, Lysander turned to look at his son. Placing a hand on his shoulder, the High Priest spoke softly.

“Naru-chan, neither the villagers nor the shinobis here or in this country know that Kurama-sama is sealed inside you. They just think that the Nine-Tailed Beast was subdued and killed by their Fourth Hokage. So you must never let them find out unless the circumstances are dire.“

Naruto nodded but then asked softly. “What if they find out?“ Lysander shook his head.

“Then just hope that they aren't bastard who will judge for a crime you never committed and if they do, kick their asses.“

“Alright,” Naruto nodded, fiddling with the strands of his hair.

Lysander only stopped fussing over his son when they reached in front of the village's gate.

Outside the gate, a pair of guards stopped him and asked for his identity.

Handing them the permit letter sent by the Third Hokage, Lysander answered.

“I'm Lysander Ashford.“ The guards nodded and let them through after a few seconds.

Lysander and Naruto walked through the village, the passers-by sent them curios looks once in a while.

Lysander skillfully ignored the look and treated them as if they never existed, Naruto, on the other hand, was less than pleased by the unwanted attention.

The pit of his stomach was pooling with dread by thinking of what would happen if they found out that he was the Nine-Tailed Jinchuuriki.

Lysander squeezed his hand and lead him into a ramen shop named Ramen Ichiraku. Making Naruto sit on a table, Lysander quickly stood up.

Handing a pouch of money to Naruto, Lysander smiled. “I'll go to meet the Lord Hokage, you wait for me here, okay?“ Naruto nodded as he watched his Papa leave the place.

Drumming his fingers on the table, he played a song familiar to him, lamenting upon the fact that his zither was in the suitcase.

Soon after, from behind the bar came a beautiful young lady with fair skin and long brown hair.

“Hello sir, I am Ayame what would you like?“ Ayame asked Naruto with a smile.

Slowly covering his cheeks, Naruto looked up.

“A bowl of chicken ramen?“ He asked unsure of his order. Ayame nodded.

“Will that be all?“

“Yes,” Naruto said faintly, nodding along with the drumming of his fingers. “Uh, miss!“ He called, making Ayame stop. “Would you mind if I play music here, just until my Papa comes back!“

Ayame looked at him, confused. “Music?“

“Yes! Musical instrument!“ Naruto grinned. “I'm quite good at playing zither, dattebayo!“