Cardigan. 1/2

Not an actual moment but based on the AI cover of cardigan floating around that hits me in the feels every time .·°՞(≧□≦)՞°·. in which the two idols collaborate together for a cover at their agency's request, though little does anyone know that they've actually had a history together.

Also is it just me but every AI cover with Chaeyoung's voice is close (some of them not close at all), but not really there to encapsulate her actual vocal colour? Indeed, the world's most unique vocalist for a reason ( ๑‾̀◡‾́)✨ The emotions in her voice are unmatched sorry I don't make the rules!! 

-

Vintage tee, brand new phone
High heels on cobblestones
When you are young, they assume you know nothing
Sequined smile, black lipstick
Sensual politics
When you are young, they assume you know nothing

Everything moves so quickly for Park Chaeyoung.

It felt like only yesterday when she'd first stepped into South Korean land, after an audition that would change her life forever. She could've sworn that it hadn't been long before she'd gotten the opportunity to collaborate with one of the best in the industry for Without You. It only felt like a minute had passed since they'd debuted yet there she was scheduled to perform in the SBS Gayo Daejun 2016 with some of the greatest in the industry. 

Of course, Park Chaeyoung is beyond grateful, thankful that all of the years of persistence and tears are finally paying off. She's thankful for the three girls who stood by her side through it all, taking care of her when she was homesick and alone. 

But somehow, unlike the others, Park Chaeyoung found it difficult to adapt. 

She compares herself a lot to Lalisa Manoban who she looks up to a lot— a foreigner who didn't know an ounce of the Korean language, who seamlessly integrated like a local. Lalisa Manoban was younger than her, yet she had so much maturity and ease when it was blending in with everyone and adjusting to expectations. 

Park Chaeyoung on the other hand feels trapped; she looks like everyone else and speaks the language (at least sufficiently) yet she felt she didn't belong. 

She finds herself backstage, wearing a vintage shirt as she makes her way to the dressing room only to look around to see the other idols wearing dresses and heels. Her fingers grip hard against her phone, a gift from her parents a few months ago to congratulate her on her debut.

All she can think is about how she wishes for the ground to swallow her whole. She wishes she could undo and disappear. 

Thankfully, Park Jihyo spots her and waves her arm welcomingly.

Park Chaeyoung doesn't expect it, but the feeling of her arms around her brings great comfort. 

"Chaeyoung, even though you're about to get into wardrobe and makeup, usually idols, especially newbies like us will dress up a little to leave a good impression," she explains softly, noticing how out of place the other woman seemed, "... but it's okay, we know you're not from around here." 

She knows that there was no bad intent behind her words and was rather a simple reminder, yet somehow, leaves Park Chaeyoung really wishing that she declined when her company asked her to join the special collaboration. Just then, the others come— namely Park Chanyeol and a few of his group mates who give a small bow and smile.

Park Chaeyoung remembers what she's taught, to bow as fully as possible— you're new and younger. 

After it all, she thinks about how constricting it is for her, to be part of all the sensual politics.