Chapter Three: Unveiling the Truth

In the aftermath of Wei Ying's heart-wrenching conversation with Lan Zhan, she sought solace within the confines of her bedroom. The weight of her emotions consumed her, causing her to withdraw from the world outside. She skipped dinner, her appetite overshadowed by a deep sense of disappointment and loss.

The following day, as the sun began to paint the sky with hues of gold, Wei Ying's parents sensed her distress and decided to confront the matter. They knocked gently on her bedroom door, their voices filled with concern and love.

"Wei Ying, may we come in?" Madam Jiang's soothing voice resonated through the wooden door.

Wei Ying hesitated for a moment, her heart torn between vulnerability and the desire to protect those she held dear. Eventually, she mustered the courage to open the door, revealing tear-stained cheeks and eyes heavy with sorrow.

Her parents' hearts ached at the sight of their beloved daughter in such despair. Jiang Fengmian enveloped her in a comforting embrace, while Madam Jiang held her hand gently, their touch offering a silent reassurance.

"Wei Ying, my dear," Jiang Fengmian spoke with a gentle yet firm tone, "we can see that you are hurting. Please tell us what happened. We are here for you, always."

Wei Ying took a deep breath, her voice quivering as she began to share her heartache. She carefully crafted her words, weaving a tale that would protect Lan Zhan's reputation and her family's honor, while revealing enough to convey her pain.

"Father, Mother, Lan Zhan and I... we are not suited for each other," Wei Ying began, her voice laced with a mix of sadness and resolve. "We have realized that our paths diverge, and our hearts do not beat in unison. I do not love him, and he has found someone else that he cares deeply for."

Madam Jiang's eyes welled up with tears, her grip on Wei Ying's hand tightening. Jiang Fengmian's expression mirrored her pain, his voice filled with fatherly concern. "Wei Ying, my dear child, we want nothing more than your happiness. If this is what your heart truly desires, we will support you."

Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng, who had been listening outside the door, now stepped forward, their faces etched with worry. They embraced Wei Ying, their love and support evident in every gesture.

"Little sister," Jiang Cheng said, his voice filled with protective fervor, "we will always stand by your side. If this engagement brings you pain, we will do everything in our power to make it right."

Jiang Yanli nodded in agreement, her eyes reflecting unwavering determination. "Wei Ying, you are our family's joy and light. Your happiness matters above all else. We will cancel the marriage proposal and ensure that your heart finds solace and love."

Wei Ying's heart swelled with gratitude for her family's unwavering support. They had seen through her lies, recognizing her need for freedom and genuine love. In their embrace, she found strength and the courage to begin healing.