01 | THE PALACE

___________

A SWEET BAD DARK ROMANCE

___________

12 YEARS AGO

12 YEARS AGO

It was autumn, a beautiful morning when the sun kissed the trees, leaving the parking silvery heavy dews in their leaves. Inside the palace, the garden was filled up with the smell of newly-cut grass, mixed with the smell of fragrant flowers.

"Princess, Miss Freen is here to see you." Said the maidservant.

The little princess rushed out of her room to see the girl.

"Freen!" She shouted while running, a big smile reaching her big blue eyes was plastered on her face, then she suddenly jumped-hugged the girl. Freen laughed and hugged her back then she secretly breathes in the sweet scent of the little girl as her nose was buried in the crook of her neck.

"It has been a month! Where have you been?" The princess asked when she pulled out a little from the embrace.

"My father was sick. He couldn't make it here for a month. But he is better now."

"Good to hear that. I missed you. Very much. I even dreamed of you the other day then I woke and cried so hard." The princess said with a small pout while Freen was surprised. "Really?"

"Yes." She pulled Freen for another hug, a tighter one. "One day I will get out of here and come to see you whenever I want."

"But you are the princess, you can't leave the palace like that." Freen chuckled, but still, she held the younger girl in her arms, a little tighter, feeling her heart sinking after her own statement.

"I'm serious!" The princess furrowed her little brows and harder Ed her voice while leaning back to look at the older.
"I am 6 now. So... In the next..." She mumbled while counting with her little fingers. "...12 years, I will be 18. My mother told me it's when I can go out of the palace with my guards, and I will come to your house."

Freen was caught off guard, she blinked a little before smiling and nodding. "Uhm I will wait for you."

The younger laughed and jumped in delight then suddenly, she cupped Freen's cheeks in her small palms and kissed her. It was a quick and light peck on the lips but it was enough to shock Freen and the maidservants who were watching at them from afar.

"Yah! Don't do that! People are looking at us!" Freen stole a glance at the maidservants. "If they tell your mother, we will be dead."

She giggled. "what's wrong with that? I like you so I kiss you. My mother always does that to me." Then she eyes the maidservants. "They wouldn't dare, I will punish them if they tell my mother about what we do."

Freen sighed then smiled. "You are unbelievable."

" You are so pretty!" Her voice was filled up with sincerity when the little girl stared at the older, her blue eyes were brimming in the morning sunshine, she was smiling innocently.

"Let's go to the Ginkgo forest." The princess quickly added and grabbed Freen's hand, pulled the latter, and didn't wait for her to answer. "I was wandering alone in our Gingko forest for days without you. It was so boring."

They reached the Gingko forest in minutes.

"So beautiful." Freen murmured, her eyes couldn't stop from adoring the yellow color covering the whole forest. "The last time I was here, they were still green."

"Do you like it?"

"Yes. I love it. The maple trees in he garden inside my house are turning red as well. They are so beautiful, you should come and see it."

"Come to your house? I would love to." She squeezed Freen's hand in hers while her feet kicked the golden leaves in the ground. "I want to see your room and your bed too. Can I sleep with you when I visit your house?"

"Yes, of course. But your parents might not allow you to leave the palace anytime soon. You have to wait for 12 years"

"It's unfair. Why can my brothers leave the palace and can't I? I hate this place. The only good thing about it is you and this Gingko forest. But I meet you regularly. When your father comes to teach my brothers then I can meet you. And sometimes I have to wait for weeks or months to see you."

"Everyone wishes to get into the palace or become a princess like you, and you just tell me you hate this place. How funny is that?"

"It's boring here. I want to be like my brothers, they are taught to ride a horse and learn how to use arrows and swords." She pouted again. "I hate being taught about sewing, drawing, and playing some stupid musical instruments."

"But I love sewing, drawing, and music. Don't say that they are stupid."

"It's because you are good at it. I'm always scolded for ruining  the fabric or sleeping in the class because the sound from that instrument made my eyes heavy."

Freen laughed and the other girl followed her. "I'm learning a song now, u will play a d sing for you when I'm done with the learning. Just promise me that you won't fall asleep when. I play it."

"Of course. If it's you then I won't be able to fall asleep."

"Won't be able to? What does that mean?

"When I'm around you, my heart always beats so fast that I think I can't fall asleep."

"R-really?"

"Really" she lifted Freen's hand that she was holding and put it into her chest. "Do you feel it? It is beating fast. It only beats like this when I'm with you."

"Y-yeah. It's weird"

"Does your heart beat like that when you are with me?" The younger quickly put her hand on Freen's chest.

"Oh.. It does. It beats fast too." The girl beamed as a light wind was blowing through her hair. "They are in sync."

Hello everyone, this is my new story hope you enjoyed reading. Love you na kah! <3