04

That night Daniel felt hard to fall asleep. There was a silhouette which kept bleeding inside his mind. It was around midnight, she decided to walk to the living room for some warm water since he couldn't sleep.

Just when he walked down the last stair, he heard a voice singing a lullaby coming from the basement. That song was the one his mother used to sing for him when he was small.

After taking a full glass of water he decided to sit down leaning his back against the hard wooden door, often a few good minutes of absorbing the angelic voice singing the familiar lullaby, he fell into a deep slumber.

__________

T

he door swung open and Daniel's back fell inside the room, followed by a small surprising yell from none than Rosé. The fall made him fully awake as he quickly pulled himself up on his feet, scratching his nape, he mumbled.

"Yeah, umm, I probably should...I'm sorry about that. I was just,.."

"You Sept here while night?" Her morning voice was a little raspy.

"I couldn't sleep, I heard you sing a lullaby so I just planned to sit down here for a few minutes, I ended up overslept."

"Oh... Let come to the kitchen." - Rosé have him an understanding smile. "I will make you some ginger tea to avoid catching a cold. You still have to travel a long way to go back to Saber today, si it's better if you won't get sick."

Daniel followed the girl to he kitchen, he sat back in a chair watching every move the blonde made over the courter, from the way her small hands held on the cup, stirred the liquid with a teaspoon to the way she slid her head while humming a soft melody deep in a throat.

"Here you go! Hope you like it." The girl said with a small smile in her lips. "I have to clean the snow in the front yard, if you need anything, you know where you can find me."

Daniel noticed it was still dark outside, so he furrowed his brows asking. "This early?"

"Yeah." The girl replied. "Freen and Mother will need to go to the center market today to buy stuff for the New Year Eve Festival in our village. I have to clean the snow to make the way."

"Mother? ..did you mean Jessica?"

For a moment after hearing the man's question, Rosé felt blood rush to her neck and her face, without answering, she got fuming walking out of the kitchen, away from the man.

"Rosé, I'm sorry!" The man ran after her, stopped her by holding her arm. "I... I didn't know. I'm really sorry. Please, forgive me."

"Please, let me go, I have to clean the snow before they wake up." With that, Rosé yanked her arm from the man and walked straight to the front door, without glancing back, not even once.

Daniel pulled the door open and walked to where the girl was struggling with a wooden shovel clearing the thick snow without a word, he quickly took the shovel from the girl and started cleaning the snow to the other side of the yard.

Rosé bit down her lower lip and stood still watching the man doing her job while crossing her arms, jaw clenching then unclenching, then she decided to leave the man in the yard alone, she walked back to the kitchen.

After a while, Daniel finished clearing the snow in the yard, he came back to the kitchen as well, but he didn't say anything, he just sat quietly at a chair and watched the girl making pancakes for breakfast.

"My mother died right after I was born." The girl suddenly spoke up while she still focused in the pancakes. "Then my father remarried Jessica because he thought that he couldn't raise me up alone, I would need a mother. At that time, Jessica already had Freen, so we become stepsisters. 8 years ago, my father died of kung cancer, so Jessica and Freen took care of me... They are the only family I have and I could do anything for then. I love them."

"I'm sorry about your dad. I'm sorry for my... I'm sorry." He sighed.

" You are forgiven." Rosé smiled without looking at him. "it's not like the first time someone thought that I was a maidservant. I won't let this kind of tuff bother me for long, so don't worry."

The atmosphere between them fell into silence, in a good way, untill Rosé said, this time, she looked at him.

"Thankyou for cleaning the snow for me, I will make you an extra pancakes as a thank."

"It's nothing, but still, thank you, Rosé."

"You are welcome."

________

A

lways, the people we meet in this life are meant to be. Always, things happen for reasons. It is the so called fate. But always we want to change the fate. We want to create our own destiny. As we try to change our fate, it could create a miracle or bring up the plague.