Dark Start [ScaleStorm/Inferno]

Walking with a friend in the dark, is better than walking alone in the light. . .
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Raeya's POV

We were finally gonna escape that hellhole. We were finally gonna be free, just me and her together. I smiled widely to myself as I wrapped my arms around my best friend from behind her. I was small for my age. We had a three year age gap between us, her being younger.

"Slow down! Akh-" I yelp for like the millionth time when she hit another rock, almost stumbling. But somehow, she kept her balance. I was very impressed since I was the one who taught her how to ride this thing.

We equally hated being ordered around as if we were farm animals, having a specific bedtime and having to do chores all day. So we just decided to get the hell out of there. "Fuck that"

"Hey! Don't say that!"

Ah, yeah. Another thing I had picked up from the older kids there were a bunch of swear words. Zeri didn't like them, not yet at least. I apologized and hugged her from behind. "How are you so strong, you're only 10"

"That's a sign you shouldn't underestimate kids, Gay Ray" she said in a proud tone, making me chuckle. "Fair, fair"

We ain't ever coming back. Nope.

Time Skip____

We ended up coming back

I mean, let's face it. Where the fuck were we supposed to go? Our parents had moved out of the country after dumping us here, and no one had wanted to adopt us yet.

I felt bad for puppies in pet shops now.

"Where'd you get that?" I panted out as I collapsed on the bench beside Zeri, who was frantically licking at a chocolate ice cream cone. She has this deformity in her tongue, that makes it longer than normal, and above that, it was somehow extendable. Since she had extra muscles in her tongue that makes her be able to flick it at god speed, her ice cream was going down like a sped up recording of a lit candle.

"Oh this? Miss Sveta bought it for me. She was apologizing on behalf of the older kids about what happened yesterday."

"Why didn't I get one then?" I mumbled, pouting. Zeri opened her mouth to respond, but then thought against it. "You can have the rest of mine!" She said instead, a proud smile on her face as she held out her half eaten cone at my face.

I let out an awkward chuckle. "Uhm, that's alright, you can have it"

"Okay!"

She then continued licking the cone like a starved hummingbird, making me stare. "I just can't ever get used to how fast your tongue is" I didn't realize I had a sly expression on my face as I said that. Zee's cheeks burned up, and I barked out a laugh when she softly jabbed me on the shoulder.

"You're lucky we're away from the group"

"Yes, yes indeed"

Time skip____

Today was one of those field trip days. I looked around at other kids my age running around the big ass lake, clean enough for us to see the sand in the bottom of it. The younger ones were doing unexplainable childish shit that I did not want to go into detail about, while the older ones just sat and talked to each other, barking out a laugh every now and then. I had a small glare on my face as I watched them, a part of me wishing that I was alone at this lake, just me and I, enjoying the view, and the water.