The Apical Of A Bet- 1

THE EDGE OF LOVE AND LIES

"Another bottle please..."
The guy on the counter brought two bottles. for me now. Even he understands what I want. And he's a fucking stranger. Then why couldn't he do it?

Why couldnt Sam do it?
_________________________________

Three months ago I started going out with Sam. It was a physical relationship rather than the complete one. It was perfect. We would meet up on weekends or on holidays. Even when we got off work. But there's one thing that even he didn't know. I was with him only for 4 months. It was a bet. A bet with my friends that I can date a person for more than 3 months. I thought I'd get through with it. And Sam wasn't so bad himself. It was all going smooth until she came in. Neriya. She was our friend. Neriya and I worked for the same company and she was a close friend of mine. Naturally, she became friends with Sam too. I didn't mind because I didn't have any sort of emotions for Sam back then. In the second month of our relationship, another friend joined us.

Patricia.

She was new to our company. To be very very very honest. I wanted Patricia for myself. She was so pretty. Prettier than many women I've dated. It turned out that Patricia liked me too. I made up my mind. I decided that as soon as this bet thing is over I'll date Patricia. Little did I know that it would only become a disaster.

___________________________________

A few more weeks went by. I even told Sam about the whole Patricia thing. Strangely enough he didn't seem to mind. He said it would be fine with him if I date both of them at the same time. At first I was okay with that but then it seemed wrong to me. I even shared the whole bet thing with Neriya and Patricia because I seemed to trust them. And that's how everything got twisted.
___________________________________

Sam and Neriya had gotten close. And apparantly I started to like Sam for an unknown reason. I never realized it though. But when I did... It was a hurricane of emotions taking me away. I had to choose between Patricia and Sam now. Obviously I chose Sam. I wanted to surprise him that night (at least that's why I thought it was) so I didn't tell anything to anyone. During our lunch break, the three of us, me , Patricia and Neriya were having a talk. Girl talk specifically. Patricia randomly asked Neriya if she would ever date Sam him and I broke up. What was her reply?

"Yes about that .... Sam and I talked about it the other day.... I hope you dont mind but we like each other. And he knows you'll dump him. So we decided that we'll date when you guys are done."

My heart shattered to pieces. Pieces to the size of nanoparticles. This is what's been going on behind my back? It was acceptable from Sam but ... Neriya!?
I took her as a friend. But I guess people are not as they seem from the outside.

That day I made up an excuse to avoid Sam. I didn't cry that day. This might seem dumb but I was even hoping that this was all a prank and everything would go back to the way it was.

But life isn't cupcakes and rainbows right?

I texted Sam that night that its over between us. I was okay. I thought I'd be okay. It had to be okay. I knew how Sam was. And Neriya would experience the same with Sam. All physical and no emotions. Until the next morning.

Those two were so fuxking shameless. Didn't even bother to wait for 12 hours. There they were being all cutesy and romantic. I wasn't pissed off because he was with her now. Because it was okay. If they like each other I shouldn't interfere right? But the thing that pissed me off was that she gets the complete relationship and I only got the physical part of it?

I was a fuxking slut to him and she was his Angel sent from heaven above. It's been two days since then. I'm not even trying to move on. I dont wish to. It's not the loss of love but rather the loss of trust. I was swept away by these waves of despair onto the shore of pain and hurt. Now I see both of them everyday. It's like my eyes are about to bleed every single second. I hate going to work. I hate everything about it. But I do have a plan.

Daniel.......

************

Part 2 soon coming soon!!