Chapter 2: Meeting Blu and Jewel and Escaping

(Then it cuts to a restaurant where Tulio and Linda are hanging out at.)

All: (Laughter, festive chatter)

Tulio: It was nice of you to join me for dinner. I often eat alone. Oh, uh, because, of course, my work.

Linda: (Chuckles) I thought I was the best nut, until I met you.

Tulio: Yes. Right. Do you have a favorite bird?

Linda: Well, obviously, I'm a blue macaw kind of gal.

Tulio: (Chuckles) That makes sense. They are very handsome birds.

Linda: Actually, it's the brains I'm more attracted to. I'm not so impressed by fancy feathers.

Tulio: I know exactly what you mean. My favorite bird is the spotted owl. I've always been mesmerized by those big, round, intelligent eyes. [he looks at Linda's eyes which are big, round, and intelligent looking]

Waiter: Ha ha! Picanha!

Linda: (Screams)

Second Waiter: Chicken hearts? Flambada!

Linda: Oh! Ooh! (Chuckles) Chicken hearts. (Laughs nervously) Oh, gosh. Ahh! Oh! (Blowing)

(Suddenly, they hear a chicken noise. But they couldn't figure out where it was coming from, until Tulio realizes that it was his phone ringing. He takes it out.)

Tulio: Oh. (Chuckles) [Answers the phone] Hello?

(Tulio then has a worried shocked expression on his face as he looks at Linda. She had the same expression too. Until they came back to the Bird Sanctuary as the police there reported that Blu and Jewel got taken. Linda came out of the building crying.)

Linda: (Sobbing) Oh, Blu. We should have never left Moose Lake. This is all my fault.

Tulio: No, no, Linda. Linda, please. [crying after finding out Blu has been taken] This is not your fault.

Linda: (Sniffles) You're right. It's not my fault. [She puts on her glasses and lashes out at Tulio] It's your fault!

Tulio: What the...?

Linda: With your little bird talk and that whole saves the species. Well, you know what? Squwak squwakety squwak squak! [Realizes what she said; covers her mouth] [realizing what she's done] (Gasps) I'm sorry. I didn't mean to curse.

Tulio: I... I don't understand. Sylvio is the best guard in the business.

Police Officer: [Linda and Tulio watch as Sylvio gets questioned by a police officer] So let me get this straight. You were attacked by a little white bird?

Sylvio: Yes, with this rag. [he holds up a small white rag] He held it to my mouth like... like this. (Muffled babbling) [Passed out]

Police Officer: (Sniffing) (Sighs) [he holds the rag against his mouth, takes a breath and faints to the ground; the police officer catches the rag, takes a sniff of it and also faints]

Linda: We're doomed.

*Meanwhile*

(We see Blu and Jewel in cages being taken to a mysterious place. Jewel ripped a piece of the sheet off to peek through. She sees a door up ahead.)

Blu: [Blu chants to himself with fear whilst trapped in a cage] Okay. Okay. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Oh, how I wish I was back in my own cage, with my mirror and my swing and my little bell. Oh, how I miss my little bell.