Chapter 5

Clara Diaz

"You are going to be a Hernandez, Clara. I want you to be strong and stand your ground, Si?" his deep voice and that stare of his pierces through my heart.

He was dressed in a black blazer stretched deliciously across his arms, black trousers and a white button up tucked in with three buttons open revealing his tanned chest.

For a moment I stand there with his huge hand holding mine with a ring on it that declares me as his to the world.

I don't understand. He doesn't want me to apologise? But my father never allowed my mother to call him by his name. In fact no women were allowed to call their husbands by their names.

My confusion must be evident because he replies. "And you call me by my name, Si?" his voice with that deep Italian accent makes my stomach dip.

"Si." I reply softly and smile at him. He nods once and his eyes assess me once more and I let him.

I was called beautiful by many but nobody's thoughts on me has ever mattered to me. But I wonder what he thinks. Does he find me pretty?

He must have seen many gorgeous women in the world, given his position. I've seen countless photos of him with a women or two on his arm. Each photo made a flame of jealousy burn in my stomach.

But it's okay. I understand. After marriage he will be only mine just like I am only his.

I might be naïve to believe that but cheating is dishonorable and almost every made man cheat on their wives. That's what even most of the wives wish for. For their husbands to leave them alone.

I don't think Sebastian would be a dishonorable man. And I will make that clear to him on the wedding night. I don't want him to touch me if he touches any other women.

The familiar burn of jealousy makes my gut churn and we both stand like that for what feels like forever until the door shoots open.

Sebastian pushes me behind him as an instinct and my front was fully pressed on his back.

We both tense at the same time. Me because I am not wearing a bra since the dress isn't made for one and him because I am sure he can feel them. Including my hard nipples.

I flinch at the sudden intrusion of Riccardo, Sebastian's second brother and Vittorio, Sebastian's first brother.

"I was wondering what was taking you so long brother." Riccardo wiggles his eyebrows and I move away from Sebastian as heat rises in my body.

If just his back muscles were so defined I wonder what the rest of him feels like.

"What the fuck Riccardo?" Sebastian hisses and then glares at Vittorio. "And you?"

"He wanted to meet sister in law." he points his chin at me and shrugs.

"Even you did, don't lie Rio." Riccardo says pointedly.

"This is not our home assholes." my fiancé sighs and looks behind him. "How did Carlos allow you?" he asks.

"I don't need his fucking permission to do something." Riccardo snaps and then shrugs. "He was talking some business with Pierre and we slipped out telling him we're going to take a leak."

Sebastian just sighs and Vittorio who was watching me behind his brothers back carefully smiles a small smile.

Holy mother of Jesus, if that's what a genuine small smile could do to a Hernandez brothers face then it's good that they don't smile much.

"You must be Clara." He says as he steps forward and extends his hand. "Vittorio." he introduces himself and I smile as I take a step forward in his direction and meet his hand with mine.

"I'm so glad to finally meet you." I smile and then turn to Riccardo. "And you too. I've heard so much about you all." I say softly. And that I did.

Each Hernandez brother has earned their own names in the underworld. Vittorio is known as the silent predator and Riccardo was known for his love for arson.

"Oh shit. I hope that we can still be friends." Riccardo grimaces and a laugh bursts out of my lips.

"I've heard worse and I am sure we can be." I say with a chuckle and a pointed stare to my left where his elder brother stands.

I have no idea where my bravery came from but something about their playful nature relaxes me and I am glad for it.

He playfully narrows his eyes at me and then smirks at his brother. "What no way his boring grumpy ass is more famous than my fire play."

"I am not boring or grumpy." Sebastian rolls his eyes at his brother. "Don't you have somewhere else to be?"

"I do. In fact we three do." Vittorio says and suddenly the atmosphere in the room changes. The playfulness vanishes and I get a glimpse of the made men they are. The three of them straighten and turn towards me. "We need to leave now Clara." Vittorio says with a dip of his head.

"Sure. It was really nice to meet you both." I say with a smile. "I will walk you out."

As we step outside they walk in front of me and go back to the living room to talk to my father. I take the bag I left on one of the stairs and rush back to them. Pierre narrows his eyes at me but I don't look at him as I go behind them.

Riccardo walks beside me to my left and Sebastian to my right and Vittorio beside him. We walk till the entrance and wait for one of the guards to get their car. "What is that?" Riccardo asks pointing to the bag in my hand,

My cheeks heat as Sebastian looks at the bag and then me. "Um. Well, instead of delivering it I thought I'd give you now itself since you're here."

"Delivering what?"

"Your birthday present." I smile at him and the three of them look away when the car arrives. "The Christmas one is already delivered. And by the way thank you for all the gifts. I never received one from anyone except Ella and I love every single one of them. It means a lot to me and I hope that you liked all the ones I've sent too. Thank you." I say in one breath and shove the gift bag into his hands.

I turn around and take a few steps back and then turn around to see all three of them standing in the same position. Before I lose my courage I take a few steps forward and stand an inch away from Sebastian. Clutching the lapel of his blazer on a soft grip I rise on my tiptoes and press my lips to his cheek.

He sucks in a breath and his rough stubble prickles under my lips. His cologne, spicy and the scent of sandalwood fills me making my brain go hazy.

I step away and turn around in the blink of an eye and disappear into the house with a huge smile on my face and a ring on my finger.