Chapter 2: Moving

I woke up by my alarm beeping at me.

I groaned and threw my alarm clock across the room, which made it shut up. I am going to miss Minnesota. I slowly dragged myself out of bed and looked through my bedroom window. My bedroom is a decent size, single bed with abit of furniture scattered around the room. I have some really old wallpaper that looks like it was made from the 1800s. Not exactly exciting but my parents won't let me decorate. My room, i decorate right? No. Well i guess it doesn't matter anymore.

I sighed knowing this would be the last time for a while i would be in my comfort of my room. Turning around i looked at my broken alarm clock. God dammit. I strolled across my bedroom and checked the time through my phone since I broke my alarm clock...

It's 9:00, I needed to pack, as I was too annoyed and frustrated with my parents last night. I remembered yesterday with mine and my parents argument.

I shrugged carelessly. I got myself ready into a tank t-shirt and one of my Bright yellow Super-dry shorts. Once I was done, I went into my bathroom and put my make-up on. I decided to do it light as I didn't want to look like a slut as a first impression. I grabbed a hairband from the side and slipped it onto my wrist and put my hair into a messy bun.

Once I was done I grabbed all my clothes out of my draws and stuffed them into various suitcases.

Once I was nearly done I started on packing the essentials; make-up, phone and electronics.

I started on another suitcase, just stuffing in my clothes and some photos of me and my friends. Once I sorted all my suitcases i zipped them all up. I looked around my room for a final time for ages. It was totally and utterly emptied out. I checked the clock. 9:45. I picked up my suitcases and headed downstairs where my parents were waiting.

I just glared at them.

"Ariana, you know we are really sorry. It's not like we arn't coming back and it was a great opportunity that we couldn't miss.

Still to your plan Ari. Silent treatment.

Just in time the doorbell went.

My dad silently moved to the door and opened it.

"Hello Henry, nice to see you again." The lady says to my dad.

The lady was about 5'7 with long blonde hair. She looked nice and friendly so I guess it won't be too bad staying with her.

"Nice to see you again Kate. Ari, this is Mrs Carter."

I nodded.

"Hi Ariana, you will be staying with me for a year while your parents go away on a cruise. I have already signed you up for the local high school with my children. Ok, are you ready to go?"

"Umm, yes. I guess.." I mumbled

She just nodded her head eagerly.

I turned round to quickly hug my parents and say my good byes. I was still annoyed at them, but a 'goodbye' couldn't hurt.

"Bye"

My parents seemed upset that I didn't say much to them, but they deserved it. I mean who leaves their child behind? No one!

They let go and Mrs Carter grabbed my cases.

I followed behind her and headed to the taxi waiting outside.

I waved to mum and dad as they waved sadly back. Geez, why sad? They were the ones who are leaving me.

Keep calm Ariana. Keep calm.