《Stop Pretending》

(This chapter includes detailed smut)

Boruro's POV:

When I reached her room, I stop at the door, hesitating for a moment. I take a deep breath, steadying myself, then quietly pushing it open.

She’s already asleep, her body curled beneath the sheets. I walk over to the bed and sit down gently beside her, careful not to wake her.

I brush a strand of hair away from her face. Her skin is warm, her cheek soft under my fingertips. I should stop. I should pull away. But I can’t. I’m selfish.

I run my hand down her arm, careful, so careful not to wake her. She shifts slightly, her body curling deeper into the blankets, but she doesn’t wake. My chest tightens. I should go. I should let her rest, but I don’t move.

I can’t.

Instead, I just sit there, my fingers tracing her soft skin.

Her eyes blink open.
Great, now she finds me staring at her like an idiot.

"Hmm…?" she murmurs, her gaze settles on me.

"Boruto?" she says.

"Hey," I reply, "Sorry if I woke you."

She shakes her head and gives a sleepy smile. "How long have you been back?" she asks, her voice still soft.

I lean back a bit, shrugging. "Just now," I say, "Sorry for just leaving earlier."

Her cheeks flush slightly, and she glances down for a moment. "Oh..so you still remember that..," she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "No, no, it's alright.."

Silence.

"Did you talk to Koji?" I asked.

She looked confused. "How do you know? Did he tell you?"

"No, but I figured since you're a little....stubborn?" I say, a smirk tugging at my lips.

She sits up a little, her brows furrowing. "What? No, I'm not!"

I raised my brow, and she crossed her arms. "Fine. You're not better though."

"I guess your right," I rub the back of my head, "What did he tell you?"

"Not much...he told me about everything that's going on and-" She hesiated. "He said you know something? Something which he didn't want to tell me?"

My gaze shifted to the floor, which she immidately noticed. "Boruto, It's me."

I swallowed a lump down my throat. She took my hands and placed them on both sides of her face. "It's me.. You can tell me, I won't judge."

I took a deep breath.

"Your father, master sasuke, he was turned into a tree two years ago. Code had found us and I couldn't do anything then. I was weak, sarada. I was too weak to save him."

"I had a feeling," she admitted quietly, sitting up straighter. "When I saw Hidari... I started to suspect that something happened to my father. But I didn’t want to believe it until I heard it from you."

"I’m sorry," I said softly, "I'm sorry, sarada."

"Boruto," she murmured. "What happened wasn’t your fault. Don’t blame yourself for what happened to my father. He wouldn't want that. I don't want that."

Her eyes are locked on mine, and I can’t look away. I don’t want to.

Her lips part, just slightly, and I can’t stop myself. I move closer, my hand still cradling her face, my thumb tracing the line of her jaw.