Chapter Twenty-Five: Tear Them Apart From The Inside

Picture is a story prompt from shareasimage.com

Music is "Shepard" by Confidential Music Group from the Mad Max: Fury Road OST.

All rights go to their rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"You and I can hurt them, but you will tear them apart from inside." ~Ultron

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

"ALERT. AVENGERS, TO YOUR BATTLE STATIONS. WE ARE BEING ATTACKED. I REPEAT. WE ARE UNDER ATTACK."

The intercom message sends me flying, no literally flying, from my sleeping position. Pietro wakes with a jolt, jumping up and rushing to the changing room, getting his gear on. I follow, changing into the S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform that Tony made for me almost six months ago.

Yeah, it's been six months since I've arrived in this world, and time has flown by. My powers have grown exponentially. Now I can not only fly and see things far away, I can warp space around me so I can teleport through it, also known as Cosmic Teleportation. Instead of making my body go through space, I can pull space around me.

Another, we're calling is Spacial Manipulation, is the ability to manipulate certain objects. I can crush, implode, warp, bend, flip, crush and otherwise manipulate physical aspects of space within an area of my choosing. This is why when I was anxious about telling the Avengers about my powers, I made a vase implode on itself.

I can also use this ability called Distance Manipulation. Basically, it means that I can control how the physical world effects certain objects. Like if I wanted a bullet to go twice as far without being affected by gravity, I could do it.

Wanda said I was meant for more than just flying and super sight. I would never have believed her if I hadn't grown into it myself. The power coursing through my veins each second could level an entire world, and yet I choose to save people. I couldn't be happier with the life I'm living.

Pietro tosses me my guns, a last resort obviously, and says, "Are you ready to go?"

I smile up at him. "Let's go kick ass."

We hurry down the hallways, finding the other Avengers inside the hanger, suiting up and heading into the Quinjet. "What's the emergency, Cap?" I ask, walking up to the super soldier.

"There's a bomb that went off in downtown Manhattan," he answers, putting in his ear piece. "Unknown source, it leveled two blocks, and there are unknown casualties at this point." He turns to Nat, Wanda, Vision, Tony, Clint, Carol, Maria, Sam, Rhodey, Pietro, and I. "Avengers, assemble."

As we fly closer to the devastation that the bomb caused, Wanda screams, "Hurry! Gah! The people!" She holds her head in her hands, and both Pietro and Vision run to her, trying to help. "So much... pain. So much loss."

Tony lands the plane as Steve starts giving orders. "Carol, Thor, Vision, Sam, you go after the buildings. Get anyone and everyone above ground out. Rhodey and Tony, you go after the people who are burried. Wanda and Glory, get everyone who isn't hurt out of the area. Maria, Pietro, Nat, Clint, and I will go into the bomb site and find what did this. If there are any hostiles, take them down."

Nat loads her guns and passes amo to Clint and Maria. "You got it, Cap."

I turn to Pietro and kiss him before we leave. "Be safe," he whispers to me, placing a sweet peck to my forehead.

"Same to you, Babe."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."