chapter 3

That night Nigel knocks on the door of Mara's room.

She sniffles. "Come in," she says in a small voice. She's sitting on the bed, her eyes red and puffy from crying.

Nigel walks in.

"I'm sorry to bother you dear but I think you should come see this. Come on," he says, walking over to her. He helps her up off the bed and walks her to the door.

He walks her out of the room and down a nice looking hallway.

Mara looks around the hallway.
' it's so nice. Like a hotel. Or a mansion.'

Nigel walks her to a large living room with nice, expensive looking furniture in it. On one wall is a huge book self with hundreds of books and a very large TV with the news playing. It is paused and Luke can be seen frozen on the screen. Nigel walks Mara to the white sectional couch in the middle of the room. He sets her down gently. She looks at the tv.

"That's Luke!" She exclaims.

Nigel nods and grabs the tv remote. He remains standing. "Good  observation. Yes that's your Luke but I wouldn't look so excited," he says then presses play.
Mara keeps her eyes on the screen, wondering what he meant by that. She quickly finds out.

Luke looks sad as he addresses the entire city.

"Today, Mystic went too far. He gave me a choice. Save the woman I love who's pregnant with my child, or save the city. I fought hard to save both. I tried hard to save her but in the end, it was too late. I ended up only being able to save this city," Luke says with a sad look on his face. He looks upset yet his eyes are dryer than a desert.

Mara tilts her head. "But... He didn't try to save us both... Did he?" She asks out loud.

' maybe he did try hard to think of a way to save both me and the city. But maybe he couldn't think of a way? Maybe that's why.'

"No. He didn't. He didn't try," says the villain.

Mara ignores him and keeps her focus on the tv.

Luke continues. "After saving the city... I-I found my love, dead. Mystic killed her. HE KILLED HER!" His face then switches from being sad to a look of anger.
"As I held the body of the love of my life I vowed then and there to avenge her. I will put an end to this villain's rein of terror!" He yells the last part and people in the crowd cheer and yell with him.

Mara is in shock. "But... I'm not dead. H-he's lying... He didn't hold me... He's lying..."

"Indeed he is," agrees the scarred villain.

Luke continues on. He looks sad again and seems to wipe a tear.
"Today I lost both my future fiance and my unborn son. I wish I could've protected her better. I loved her so much."

Mara sits up as straight as she can pregnant. "But I am alive!" She yells.
"I am!"

Nigel sighs and pauses the tv.

Mara sits back down, upset.

' he's probably faking because he knows Mystic is watching. He'll come look for me. I know he will. I won't give this villain the satisfaction of seeing me in dispare! I just have to wait for Luke to come save me!'

Mara grins and pushes herself up from the couch. Nigel goes to her to help.

"I got it I got it! I can do this myself!" She yells at him. Nigel puts out his hands defensively and backs up.
Mara looks a bit satisfied with that and walks herself back to her room. Nigel follows her. When they get to the room, Mara goes in and closes the door behind her, leaving Nigel in the hallway alone.