chapter 5

Mara lays on a hospital bed.
She breathes heavily and looks over at the doctor in the room. The doctor is holding something bundled in a blue blanket. The doctor smiles.

'It's a healthy baby boy,' he says.

Mara tears up and smiles. She's about to say something when she hears a woman say: 'oh my gosh, he's beautiful!'

Mara looks over to a woman on her right. The doctor is looking at the woman. It's the blonde woman Mara saw Luke kissing. Mara's confused.

'can I hold my little boy?' asks the blonde woman with tears of happiness in her eyes.

The doctor nods and walks over to her.
'of course,' he replies as he hands her the baby.

Mara is about to speak up when she's interrupted by another voice, Luke's.

'He's so beautiful, my love! Just like his mother,' Luke says with a loving look at the blonde woman.

Mara looks at the couple and the baby in shock.

'w-what?' she asks.

She sits up from the bed she's on. But suddenly, the bed is no longer a bed. It's a coffin. She's shocked and looks around.

'w-what?'

She starts to get up when she notices the shadow of someone looking down on her. She now notices she's in a deep hole in an open coffin.

She looks up at the person and sees Luke. He's looking down upon her with an emotionless expression.

'L-luke?' she asks.

Luke just stares at her.

'Luke! I'm alive!' Mara yells out and stands up from the coffin.

She's suddenly right next to Luke. She grabs his hand.

'Luke I'm alive! See? I'm alive!" She tells him.

Luke stares at her with his emotionless stare.

'you should've just stayed dead,' he says coldly, his cold gaze digging deep into her pure soul.

Mara's eyes widen.
'w-what do you mean? I was never dead! My love, I'm here!' she yells and tugs on his arm, tears falling down her face.

She pulls him into a hug and he slowly hugs back. Mara smiles slightly and closes her eyes. She relaxes and smiles softly.

Suddenly Luke stabs Mara's back then pushes her down. She gasps and falls down a hole.

She falls further.

And further.

And further till she lands on something sharp and wet. .

Mara gasps and bolts awake and sits up. She's panting and covered in sweat. She looks around and sees she's on Nigel's couch in the living room. Nigel holds her shoulders and looks worriedly at her.

"Mara dear are you ok?" Asks the worried villain.

Mara slowly nods and pants.

"You're crying," he says, not buying that she's ok.

Mara slowly brings one of her hands to her face. It's wet. She was indeed crying.
Mara shakes her head.

"J-Just a bad dream," she says.

"Aw I'm sorry. Well I made you some breakfast. You should eat," says the villain, getting up.

Mara nods and stands up.