Chapter 13

Satuday morning dawns bright and sunny, as Abhi enters her house after a morning jog.

"Hey, you want breakfast?", Sadhana asks from the kitchen.

Abhi joins her in the kitchen nodding, "Yep. Where's Pooja?"

"She went back home, she'll come back in some time.", Sadhana says as she focuses on flipping omelettes.

"You slept well?", Abhi inquires quietly.

"As good as possible, yes", Sadhana responds looking away.

"Sadhu, please open up about how you feel. You're hurting, I can see it.", Abhi says, sighing.

"There is nothing to tell. Talking about it hurts me more Abhi, so I will ignore it for as long as possible. That's the only way I know. And worry about yourself. You're not going on that date.", Sadhana retorts as she serves the food on a plate.

Abhi groans as she walks to the table, Sadhana following her.

"Do you like him Abhi?", Sadhana asks as Abhi digs in.

Abhi choked and starts coughing violently at the abrupt question.

She calms down before saying, "Of course not."

"Exactly. If you want to go on a date, I'll take you then.", Sadhana offers.

Abhi snorts, "Sadhu seriously? Ok fine, will you leave me alone if If I cancel the plans?"

Sadhana grins widely, nodding.

Abhi shakes her head before getting her phone and typing a message to Arjun, stating she's busy tomorrow.

"Happy?", Abhi asks sliding her phone to Sadhana before continuing to eat.

Sadhana reads the message and nods satisfied, "Ok thank god."

"It's just one date anyways. Why is it a problem?", Abhi asks confused.

"Why would you give up your first date to some other guy, when you could go with Akshay?", Sadhana grins cheekily, making Abhi sputter and blush.

"What does that mean?", Abhi asks with raised eyebrows.

"He might like you", Sadhana shrugs, making Abhi roll her eyes.

"Yeah right. And I'm the Queen of England. What nonsense.", Abhi replies.

"You'll see.", Sadhana says before carrying Abhi's empty plate back into the kitchen.

"Sadhana don't leave me hanging. Elaborate.", Abhi chides her friend as she follows her into the kitchen.

"I'm back", yells Pooja as she walks into the kitchen.

"What took you so long?", Sadhana asks as she wipes her hand on a dish rag.

"I was talking to Krish.", Pooja grins looking at Sadhana.

Abhi whips her head around to see Sadhana, who gives a small smile to Pooja.

"You had fun then?", Sadhana asks.

"Yup", Pooja nods her grin widening.

"Good", Sadhana says simply before walking out.

Pooja looks at her friend stunned, not knowing she would react this way.

Abhi smiles feeling a little proud, "She's amazing isn't she?"

Pooja nods in awe, "Yes, definitely."

Both of them are interrupted when they hear the phone ringing outside.

They walk outside right in time to see, Sadhana picking up the call on their landline.

"Hello who is this?", Sadhana asks her brow furrowing.

Her eyes widen and she flushes lightly when she hears Krish's voice from the other side.

"U-um, do you want to talk to Pooja?", Sadhana asks quietly.

"Oh, Just a minute ok?", Sadhana says before looking up at Abhi and Pooja.

"The boys are planning to go out somewhere. They are asking if we can join.", Sadhana elaborates.

Pooja nods excitedly, while Abhi agrees too as she gets to see a certain someone.

Sadhana turns back to the phone, "Yes ok. We'll join too. Where should we meet?"

"Hmm, ok. Ok then. Bye.", Sadhana says cutting the call.

"They will pick us up from here.", Sadhana states trying to calm her racing heart.

Stupid heart, Sadhana mutters to herself, hating the way it reacts to him.

"Where are we going?", Abhi asks, making Sadhana stop her train of thought.

"I don't know. He told us they'll decide and let us know when they come here. So be ready by 4.", Sadhana says.

"Come on then, we'll go chose what to wear. Abhi you have to look good.", Pooja grins dragging her friends to their shared closet.

"Look good for who? Akshay?", Abhi asks confused.

Pooja grins at her friend with raised eyebrows, "He was the first person that came to your mind? Aren't you going on a date with Arjun tomorrow?"

"Not really. I cancelled it.", Abhi mumbles blushing lightly.

"Sadhu you told her to didn't you?", Pooja looks at Sadhana accusingly.

Sadhana smiles sheepishly about to respond but Abhi cuts her off.

"She told me too yes, but I did it because of my own volition. I don't like him that way at all.", Abhi explains.

Sadhana's eyes widen in realization as she gasps, "You accepted because you wanted Akshay to be jealous didn't you?"

"W-what? No of course not.", Abhi exclaims looking away.

"Abhinaya, you sneaky girl.", Pooja grins as Sadhana laughs.

"Guys, stop. It's embarrassing. I know.", Abhi whines.

"No, it's not. It worked didn't it?", Sadhana smiles recalling Akshay's expression.

"No, he seemed indifferent.", Abhi says looking down, feeling her heart thud painfully.

"Abhi, you idiot. He got so shocked, he practically got a heart attack. Didn't you see how he looked?", Sadhana asks shaking her head at her naive friend.

"You think so?", Abhi asks, hope lighting in her eyes.

"Definitely", Pooja nods, making Abhi sigh and give her friends a soft smile.

"Now come on then, let's go see what there to wear.", Pooja grins opening the closet.

***

Sorry for the delay, Hope you enjoy!!