Chapter 15

Akshay sits on the bench, sipping lemonade from a straw like a little kid. Abhi shakes her head, watching him drink slowly.

"I know I'm handsome, but aren't you staring at me a little too much?", Akshay asks.

Abhi snorts, "I wouldn't describe you as handsome right now. You look like a 3rd grader sipping your drink."

"A cute 3rd grader though, right?", Akshay replies, not missing a beat.

"Whatever floats your boat", Abhi shrugs, hiding a smile at his pout.

"You feel okay now? We have to catch up with the others.", Abhi gets up dusting off her clothes.

Akshay nods, throwing his cup in the trash before following Abhi.

Abhi calls out to Pooja and Sadhana, as she sees them in the ticket line.

Arjun's head snaps up as he grins at the sight of Abhi.

Abhi starts a conversation with her friends, while Krish inquires about Akshay's health.

After they collect their tickets, Arjun makes sure to stand next to Abhi so that they can ride together.  

Abhi sighs feeling uncomfortable, hoping she won't have to be alone with him. She locks eyes with Akshay over Arjun's head. Akshay turns his head away and Abhi pouts looking down. 

As Abhi gets onto the ride, she hears a minor scuffle behind her. She sits and turns back, to see Pooja getting on behind her while Akshay holds off a pissed of Arjun.

Abhi feels the smile that graces her lips, as she breathes a sigh of relief.

"He's being weird, isn't he?", Pooja questions referring to Arjun.

"He is. I think he likes me.", Abhi responds confused as the ride starts moving.

"Wow, two guys vying for you.So, which one is it?", Pooja teases, smirking.

Abhi glares at her, "It's only Arjun who seems to like me, and no I don't like him one bit. Especially after those messages from Kavya."

"You sure it's just one person?", Pooja asks with raised eyebrows, gesturing to Akshay.

"Yes", Abhi grits out glowering at her annoying best friend.

"Whatever you say", Pooja grins shrugging.

"So what's the deal with Krish and you?", Abhi asks changing the topic.

"Nothing. He seems to like me, so I want to give him a chance.", Pooja shrugs.

"Is it? So it has nothing to do with Sadhana?", Abhi questions.

"No, not at all.", Pooja replies, blinking innocently.

"Poo", Abhi warns.

"Oh god, enough enough. Let's just enjoy the ride.", Pooja states ushering Abhi to look at the gorgeous view outside their capsule.

A few capsules behind, Sadhana and Krish sit together in awkward silence.

"So, how is it going with Pooja?", Sadhana asks breaking the silence. Damn, Sadhu, you could have asked about anything else she winces internally.

Krish looks at her startled before, bringing his face back to neutral.

"Oh, um, It's nice that she's finally noticing me.", Krish responds scrutinising Sadhana's face.

Sadhana gives him a small smile before teasing him, "I am happy for you. At least, this way you'll annoy me less by asking about her.

Krish smiles at her genuine tone, shaking his head thinking, stupid girl.