Chapter 16

Abhi walks back into the restaurant, rubbing her wrist which had turned red. Akshay looked relieved when he saw her walk in and take a seat between him and Sadhana.

Arjun enters a few minutes later, looking frustrated but not as angry as before.

"What happened?", Sadhana asked immediately leaning closer to Abhi.

"Later", Abhi shakes her head.

"Are you fine?", Akshay inquires pointedly.

Abhi covers her wrist as she nods, but she can't fool Akshay.

He snatches her hand from her grip, before examining it. Akshay's gaze snaps to Arjun, glaring at him.

Abhi shakes her hand trying to get Akshay's attention, but in vain.

Abhi sighs, before holding Akshay's chin and turning him to face her.

Akshay looks at her wide-eyed, making Abhi snatch her hand back from his chin.

"I'm fine. It's just a misunderstanding. Ok?", Abhi asks.

Akshay nods unconvinced, as everyone continues with their meal.

*Time Skip*

The journey back home was a blur as Akshay drove, with Arjun sitting in the passenger seat with him. Abhi barely remembered wishing her friends goodbye, as she collapsed onto the sofa. Sadhana and Poo followed suit, collapsing beside Abhi.

"What did Arjun say?", Sadhana asks quietly, worry colouring her voice.

"He confessed.", Abhi sighed rubbing her forehead, feeling an oncoming headache.

"And you rejected him", Pooja finished the sentence for her friend.

"Of course I did, I don't like him. Also, he was behaving delulu.", Abhi burst out in annoyance.

Sadhana and Pooja snickered at her outburst, causing Abhi to glare at them.

"I noticed Akshay was very restless when you were out there talking to Arjun. Alone.", Pooja stressed grinning at Abhi.

Abhi flushed lightly as she recalled how Akshay became angry at the restaurant.

"Abhi for once allow yourself to ponder the possibility that he can also like you back?", Sadhana says, shaking her head.

"Like me back? I don't like him anymore.", Abhi snaps.

Pooja covers up her laugh, at Abhi's glare while Sadhana smiles amused.

"You're gaslighting yourself", Pooja says in between giggles.

"Shut up Poo, you worry about your own love life.", Abhi declares before wincing and looking at Sadhana.

Sadhana shakes her head, indicating that she's fine, as Pooja says, "What more is there to say? I kinda like him and he does too."

Sadhana's sharp inhale went unnoticed by both her friends, as they continued talking.

"It's not that easy in my case Poo, you know that.", Abhi sighs.

"Change of topic?", Sadhana requests quietly.

Abhi and Poo nod immediately as they shift to lighter topics, teasing each other.

Abhi, Pooja and Sadhana arrive earlier at school the next day, planning on finishing their unfinished homework from last week.

"Poo, when will you learn to do it on your own?", Sadhana scolds her friend who is busy copying the homework.

Abhi and Sadhana had finished theirs in no time, while Pooja begged them to let her copy it.