Chapter 6

It was the wedding day. Vows were exchanged and now both Mile and Apo were officially married. Both of them knew it was an arrange marriage but still, they felt the sacredness of it.

"Hi, husband," Mile whispered after they kissed on the altar. The guests were clapping and cheering loudly. Mile could not help but stare at Apo's pinky cheeks. He knew Apo was felling shy.

"Hi too, husband," Apo said in tiny voice. Mile chuckled. Oh, he was happy. Even though it was an arrange marriage, he vowed to God that he will protect Apo from any harm.

Mile circled his arm around Apo's waist. "Let's go. It's time for reception," Mile said. Apo nodded.

They greeted as many guests as they can. Apo realized that Chan was a part of the circle too. Instead of staying in the circle, Chan decided to break through and established Sunshine orphanage. Papa Romsaithong was the pillar of Chan's dream in establishing Sunshine and by extend, the Romsaithong is the forever investor of Sunshine.

Apo also learned that Tong used to be kidnapped by some people who were jealous of the family. He was rescued but traumatized. Pol was the psychiatrist that treated Tong and they fall in love. Pol wanted to get married, but Tong did not want it yet, so they stay as boyfriend until today.

Barcode was Jeff fan. When Jeff went to Barcode's school for an event, Barcode accidentally confessed his love on stage. Jeff was shocked and ghosted Barcode for almost a year. Fate brought them together again when Barcode came to audition to be a singer. Instead of signing contract as a singer with other company, Barcode ended being Jeff's boyfriend. Jeff might be or might not be negotiate things with the agency that Barcode supposed to sign with.

Apo also got to know that Mile used to have a crush on someone he saved from drowning. Apo laughed when he learned that that crush was from when Mile was 10 years old. Also, Apo learned that Mile used to have one serious partner, but the latter unfortunately died.

"Don't you miss your late partner?" Apo asked.

"I did but it was in the past. I moved on and now, I have you as my partner," replied Mile. Apo smiled.

"We can go visit if you want. I don't mind," Apo sincerely said. Mile smiled.

"Thanks, Po. We will go visit someday in the future,"

*****

The party ended around 1 hour before midnight. Both Chan and Mike Romsaithong were wasted. Mama Romsaithong, Jenny, could only facepalm herself. These two guys always bring troubles when they were wasted. Tong was out of the world too. Pol was having a difficult time to bring Tong back to their shared room since the former started to strip-dance in his drunken state. Jeff and Barcode were already leaving the event when the drinks were served. Barcode was still a minor so Jeff was trying hard to protect his innocent baby from drunken guests.

"So, welcome to our love nest," said Mile while opening the door to his room. Apo just shook his head. Apo was feeling nervous. He will share this space with Mile. At least until they decide to have their own house one day.

"I'm sorry, it's not that fancy," Mile nervously said. Apo was having his time touring the unit.

"Oh stop it, Mile. This literally like a real apartment except that it's a suite. You have kitchen, walk in wardrode, a personal bar and even a personal pool with balcony. I really caught a good fish, eh?" joked Apo. Mile just smiled.

"If you are not comfortable, tell me. We will move out from here. We'll look for a place," Mile seriously said.

Apo held Mile's hand, clasping their fingers together.

"Mile, relax. I have yet to live here for 24 hours. I have yet to experience what it is to live with the Romsaithong, and we have yet to live our life as husbands. Don't worry, dear husband. I will definitely tell you if I ever feel the need to move out from here," said Apo.

"Come here, let me hug you," and Mile gave Apo a hug.

"Po, thank you," whispered Mile.

"We are in this together, Mile," Apo tightened his hug on Mile. "The moment the officiant announced us as husbands, I am 100% yours, Mile. I am your husband now, tomorrow and the upcoming days,"

"Me too, Po. I am 100% yours too. So, if you have any discomfort, anything that you want to tell,  anything to discuss, anything to rant or whatever, please know that I am here for you, Po," Mile softly kissed Apo on his shoulder.

"I know Mile, I know,"

After some time, they broke the hug.

"What are we going to do after this?" Apo asked. The atmosphere suddenly became awkward. They have yet to discuss about their consummation.

"Huh? Well, we'll take turn showering then sleep?"

"Oh, okay,"

"Do you have anything in mind?" Mile asked in return.

"Nothing in particular. Just thinking about do we need to consummate our marriage tonight?"

"Apo, I view consummation in marriage as something sacred. As sacred as our vows. I won't force you into doing something that you are not willing to do. I know, we both married because of papa and father meddling. With your status as a carrier, I know you must think that I have hidden motives in marrying you. Who knows, maybe you were thinking that I want to marry you because I want you to be baby maker of my kids, of my heirs, of Romsaithong heirs. Truthfully, we never know that you are a carrier until you told me. I really want you to know that never once I view you as my baby-maker or such. I marry you because I like you. Plus, I think consent is sexy," Mile winked at the end of his talk.

Apo smiled. He felt happy. He felt loved, maybe. He felt respected. And most importantly, he felt protected.

"Thank you, Mile. Really," Apo said. Mile noticed that Apo eyes were teary, and he decided that nope, Apo's not going to cry on their wedding night. He holds Apo's hand.

"I have a mini bar. Are you still up for the challenge?" Mile playfully asked.

Apo smiled.

"Bring it on, dearest husband of mine,"

===============

Chapter 6 is done! ^_^

Anyway, just want to let you know that this fic is safe for work (SFW). There will be no mature content at all, no smut at all. So, if you are still interested, till we meet again in the next update.

By the way, i updated few parts. It was supposed to be Pol instead of Arm and i kinda mixed them up hence the update. I already put the notice in Chapter 2 if I'm not mistaken. Hope you guys aren't freaking out with the sudden notifications. This is the real chapter update xD

I will try to update as often as possible. Sometimes, being a jobless oldest daughter means that I have to take over all the house chores from my mom. Sigh.

And I think this fic turns out to be kind of slow-burn, isn't it?